07 WR head pipe

I have an 07 WR450 that i need a new head pipe for. I found an 07 YZ450 pipe on local classifieds, but will it bolt up?

I have an 07 WR450 that i need a new head pipe for. I found an 07 YZ450 pipe on local classifieds, but will it bolt up?

It will bolt up to the head but it will have a bigger diameter than your mid-pipe. I don't know if anyone has done this and fab'd an adapter or not?

It will bolt right on and, make your bike way more snappy! You just need to get a YZ silencer! Trust me its worth the $:thumbsup:

Update: for those of you interested, the YZ header bolts up fine with the WR head, the problem mentioned is the diameter of the YZ head pipe in relation to the stock WR silencer. It is bigger than the stock WR header. The only thing you need to do in order to make it work is buy the YZ gasket that goes in the end of the silencer where it clamps on. It is bigger than the WR gasket and will still fit in the WR silencer. Makes for a snappy bike.

Update: for those of you interested, the YZ header bolts up fine with the WR head, the problem mentioned is the diameter of the YZ head pipe in relation to the stock WR silencer. It is bigger than the stock WR header. The only thing you need to do in order to make it work is buy the YZ gasket that goes in the end of the silencer where it clamps on. It is bigger than the WR gasket and will still fit in the WR silencer. Makes for a snappy bike.

Thanks for checking that out and reporting back.:thumbsup: . Makes perfect sense. The 2 gaskets have the same outer diameter but have different inner diameters?

WR head pipe is 38mm.

Right on the money. Same outer diameter, but different inner diameter. Here are some pics of the difference.

Gaskets.jpg