HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
laserracer

2008 450 shorty muffler onto 02 426

7 posts in this topic

hi guys anyone know if its possible to fit a 2008 yzf 450 shorty muffler onto a 2002 yzf 426 header pipe, i love the look of the shorter muffler and they sound kinda cool

anyone done this mod ?

cheers Dave

The mounting points on the pipe are in different places, so without doing any cutting and TIG welding, it won't bolt on.

However much you think the looks are cool, I doubt that you would enjoy the power loss the pipe would most likely give you, anyway.

The mounting points on the pipe are in different places, so without doing any cutting and TIG welding, it won't bolt on.

However much you think the looks are cool, I doubt that you would enjoy the power loss the pipe would most likely give you, anyway.

That pipe is the most useless pipe there is. It is quiet but from a preformace stand point it is horrible.

thanks guys (dream shattered ) LOL .oh well just have ta stick with the ugly factory pipe or buy a 08 450 bike after pricing a new float bowl needle and seat at the local yamaha dealer here and finding they wanted $106 NZ dollars for it i cant imagine what they would want for a 08 muffler

cheers Dave

b cuz it wud b 2 loud

Oops, I forgot we weren't text messaging.

Shortening mufflers is inadvisable because first, it will increase the sound output, and second, because it may reduce performance to do so.