Freshsen up 426

So i decided to freshen up my 2002 yz426f. I have been trying to sell it but no offers so i decided im going to completely go through it and make it like new again. I was wondering if you guys could help me decide what color to paint the frame or if you can give me any input on what to do to make it look sick when im done. I also plan on doing new graphics, new tires, and any other things that need to be replaced as i work my way through. Thanks..here are some recent pics

YZ426F704-13-08.jpg

YZ426F204-13-08.jpg

so i decided im going to completely go through it and make it like new again

This comment led me to believe you were willing to go a little further...

If you're staying blue on the plastics, I really wouldn't change the color, it'll look like crap in anything else - why not just do what I did - PJ1 has a good color match - then I bought frame protectors from UFo to....well.......protect it.

DCFC0120.jpg

DCFC0138-2.jpg

DCFC0011-2.jpg

came out nice. I did this to a 1995 yz125 i bought when i was like 15 and it came out sick looking. That bike had all white plastics on it though..

This comment led me to believe you were willing to go a little further...

If you're staying blue on the plastics, I really wouldn't change the color, it'll look like crap in anything else - why not just do what I did - PJ1 has a good color match - then I bought frame protectors from UFo to....well.......protect it.

DCFC0120.jpg

DCFC0138-2.jpg

DCFC0011-2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I bought my '01 426 for $1700 last December. It was in great shape, but there were no graphics so it looked plain. I added a Face Lift Unlimited graphics kit and it looks like a new bike:

4261ax4.jpg

The best part is that the entire kit is only $99. That also included a gripper seat cover which I haven't installed yet because I don't have a powerful stapler (you need a pneumatic stapler).

If you're really serious about painting the frame, I would suggest keeping it blue, and keeping the blue plastics. It's difficult to find graphics kits for the 426 these days, so if you want to switch to white or black plastics you may have a hard time finding something to match.