Boiled over the WR.

engine ice seems to work the best for me, also high end oil will help. I only ride single track and used to boil alot. I try to stay off the clutch as much as possible that also seems to have help me. If the back tire gets to spinng you are almost certain to get too hot. None of this is probably helpful but thats my 2 cens

I have used engine ice before, but it also will get hot and may boil. It does seem to do quite a bit better than radiator fluid. Keep moving, less gas and more clutch.

This is only a problem when you are in really technical terrain and paddling your way through. Get some momentum and float over that stuff. Your bike will roll over quite a bit of stuff. So keep moving!

Now... If I could only do what I just said.

I have a Vapor installed on my '06. We just did 5MOH, which is just about as technical as you can get. I saw during the ride that I was hovering around 230°F, and my max temp was 262°F. I haven't heard any answer - is there a temp you should turn off the ngine and just let it cool down? I didn't notice any bubblin' going on. It was just hot.

Another suggestion, which I have not adhered to, would be to check your jetting. Make sure that it isn't too lean as that will heat up your bike really fast (anyone vouch for that statement?).

As far as the engine ice, I personally - again personally - think that it is a marketing ploy. If a bike gets that hot, you need to cool it as fast as possible. Who knows, maybe the ice does cool it fast than normal radiator fluid?

eddie

Boiled mine over at Shane Watts DirtWise school this weekend (sat was 97°).

We were going very slowly doing balance drills for 10 minutes (constant start and stop with very little forward motion). Once I sped up a little bit it stopped boiling and I never had another issue all day...

I use Engine Ice...

Oops I forgot to add 07 WR450F

I have a Vapor installed on my '06. We just did 5MOH, which is just about as technical as you can get. I saw during the ride that I was hovering around 230°F, and my max temp was 262°F.

My old DRZ400 boiled at 276° on my Vapor

This is only a problem when you are in really technical terrain and paddling your way through. Get some momentum and float over that stuff. Your bike will roll over quite a bit of stuff. So keep moving!

In 90% of the stuff I've ridden, that is a feasible alternative. However I have encountered some obsticles where getting a run at it wasn't an option...and yes it was a bitch

I have a Vapor installed on my '06. We just did 5MOH, which is just about as technical as you can get. I saw during the ride that I was hovering around 230°F, and my max temp was 262°F. I haven't heard any answer - is there a temp you should turn off the ngine and just let it cool down? I didn't notice any bubblin' going on. It was just hot.

Another suggestion, which I have not adhered to, would be to check your jetting. Make sure that it isn't too lean as that will heat up your bike really fast (anyone vouch for that statement?).

As far as the engine ice, I personally - again personally - think that it is a marketing ploy. If a bike gets that hot, you need to cool it as fast as possible. Who knows, maybe the ice does cool it fast than normal radiator fluid?

eddie

you got it to 262 thats crazy. i get scared when it gets to 200. my yellow and red light goes on after 200. i dont like it when i get it up that high. usually my bike runs around 150

If it really bothers you I know that fluidyne makes oversized radiators that hold more coolant and provide a larger cooling surface. I think they cost about 400 for the set. Boyeson also makes a different impeller for the water pump that has a higher flow rate and is supposed to keep the engine cooler. I think that little bad boy costs about 150-175. I've never used either of these but I have seen them. I know fluidyne makes a good product though.

I use engine ice, I had fluidynes on my 04' and they would still boil over the engine ice on the pack and carry rides in the warmer weather, I will often see the engine ice boil over when I am pulling arrows after a race too... if there is any kind of mud blockage or even rad guards the heat transfer is greatly reduced even at slow speeds.. the engine ice has been good, (i give it a 8 out of 10) and it's environmentally safe ?

I have heard of an Evans coolant, (can't remember the product code) but if you do a search on Evans coolant here in this forum you will likely find it, I think NCMountain Man swears by it :busted:

from one adult to another... good luck:ride: