HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jj546

E-batt

12 posts in this topic

Who's tried the rechargeable dry cell ebatt, and are you happy with your purchase? I have an 03 WR450, the battery is dead and an offbrand is $40 and a Yuasa is $140. I have no problem with kicking, but with all the crap to remove, it just as well work.

John

I have one on my 07 and couldn't be happier. But mines a different setup than yours would be. An 07 draws on the battery for the tailight and odo. Therefore I can get away with not disconnecting the charging system. So I have a 2lb battery that holds a better charge than stock.

You would probably have to disconnect the charging system so if you don't mind charging the batt once in a while it's all good.

I wonder how this battery would do using full light systems (like Trail Tech ) on the bike with a stock stator...seems like it would eliminate the need for a rewound stator. :thumbsup:

Any thoughts?

I think it's possible. You definately always have alot of charge and they say rewound stators are a problem with too much power.

I'm putting a higher watt (45W) in my bike but someone should really try something that sucks some juice.

An 07 draws on the battery for the tailight and odo. Therefore I can get away with not disconnecting the charging system.

I assume then that you never need to externally charge the E-Batt. Is this correct?

No in fact I try to use my e-start as much as possible to avoid overcharging the battery. That's why a strong light system could be a good balance for this system....

I'd say you definatly feel a difference in the slow side to side. I have the added bonus of a 08 yz exhaust so I've lost 6-7lbs total in the upper seat area. That I notice :thumbsup:

I think it's possible. You definately always have alot of charge and they say rewound stators are a problem with too much power.

I'm putting a higher watt (45W) in my bike but someone should really try something that sucks some juice.

No in fact I try to use my e-start as much as possible to avoid overcharging the battery. That's why a strong light system could be a good balance for this system....

Thanks for the input on that...it definitely seems possible that HID headlamps and helmet lights should work with this battery without a rewound stator. I currently use a Trail Tech SCMR16 helmet light (wired to the bike) and a 35 watt headlight and have had no issues with that. The total wattage, I'm guessing is around 70 watts. If I use the Trail Tech extreme headlights that would probably make the total around 125 watts. I think that's worth a try...a great option to save money and shed a little weight:thumbsup: