2006 WR 450 w/YZ pipe question

I recently bought a used 06' wr 450. It has a 2006 yz 450 mid pipe/muffler and has been jetted accordingly. I need a muffler with a spark arrestor for the woods. What mid pipe/muffler should I get? Do I get a pipe for the 06' yz since it is already jetted for this or do I get a pipe for the 06' wr? I am looking a FMF 4.1 and the mid pipe/mufflers are different for the 06' yz and the 06' wr. THanks in advance for your help.

Kurt

If I were you, I would get the pipe that you want and then adjust your jetting to match.

I have the factory 4 pipe with the sparky and megabomb header. I also switch back and forth with the 05 wr450 can with the pmb insert. I don't change my jetting between these two and everything runs pretty good.

If I had to do it all over again, I would get the stock wr pipe and put the pmb insert in it to open it up a bit. That pipe is definitely fast enough and you won't need more power. Then I would take the $600 I saved and dump it into the suspension.

The wr's are not very much fun unless you get the suspension dialed in.

If sound isn't an issue you could just add a spark arrestor to your YZ muffler.

Pro moto billet makes ones you pretty much just bolt on for $150.

Or if your handy you could always make your own.

If sound isn't an issue you could just add a spark arrestor to your YZ muffler.

Pro moto billet makes ones you pretty much just bolt on for $150.

Or if your handy you could always make your own.

I agree with ^^^ unless you really want to spend the money.

I agree with ^^^ unless you really want to spend the money.

Thanks for the input. I ordered the PMB yesterday. I am a little concerned about re-riveting the PMB into the YZ pipe. I thought I saw somewhere where you could somehow use screws instead of rivets. I guess I need to do a search. Thanks again.

Not sure if you meant an 05 YZ450f pipe on yopur 06 WR??? The 06 YZ is aluminum framed and a pipe off that model won't match up with the steel framed WR's. Keep the pipe and add an aftermarket billet tip with a silencer

i put one of those pro moto billet ones on....it looks sharp and works well with a removable spark arrestor.

Your right. He must have had a 2005 yz pipe put on. The bike is a screamer. It is a lot more than I should be trying to manage. My buddy has a 2008 wr450 and there is no comparison. It feels like my bike has twice the HP but I am sure it does not. All I do know is the bike will stand straight up in 3rd gear on the street and that is plenty power for me.