08 Headlight Bulb Options

What ist he name/type of bulb in these? and can we put higher wattage ones in there, what about dual filiment HID's ??

What ist he name/type of bulb in these? and can we put higher wattage ones in there, what about dual filiment HID's ??

The stock bulb is a Stanley H6M 35W/35W.

I have a 45W/45W in mine - brightest I could find.

I'm pretty sure the bulb fitting is a halogen H4 (I know it is for the 98-06 WRs). You can get them in 55/60W if you wanna make your headlight a bit brighter. Here's a link to a thread where a guy fitted a HID bulb to the stock reflector.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=570929&page=4

no, they are not h4's the older ones were but for 07/08 they changed them, different type.

Here is a pic of a cyrstal blue one, looks very different then a H4

hcwh6ma.jpg

The PIAA bulbs are awesome. The ultra white 35/35w claims to put of light equal to a 65/65w bulb.

I got a pair of 50w/50w ones from e-bay a while back.

I got a pair of 50w/50w ones from e-bay a while back.

Do you have the sellers ebay name handy? Thanks.

Do you have the sellers ebay name handy? Thanks.

no I can't seem to find it ,but I'm still looking.

The stock bulb is a Stanley H6M 35W/35W.

I have a 45W/45W in mine - brightest I could find.

Any stator mods ?

Or can stock run the 45W ?

Any stator mods ?

Or can stock run the 45W ?

No problems at all. The stock stator puts out 100 watts AC and 25 watt DC. The headlight runs off AC, so you have pleanty of margin left.

I have the bd stator mod, putting all the power to the battery and the light runs off the battery when i need it, im sure i won't have any problem either. but the best i can find is a 45/45 so i ordered one up