HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zukrider

IMS natural tank

11 posts in this topic

I know the natural tanks seem to discolor after awhile but I was wondering how long it takes. I like the look of them new but I have seen some pretty cruddy looking older ones. Also do you think it is just the fuel staining it or is the sun some of the problem:excuseme: and how have the 07 wr450 tanks been holding up. I need a bigger tank just not sure what direction to go Thanks.

Well I've only had mine on a couple month's now, but no discloration yet :thumbsup:

I also garage store my bike which I'm sure makes a big dif.

Can't beat a natural tank for monitoring fuel levels :busted:

I'm sure the discloration comes more from the sun than the fuel and sooner or later they will all discolor.

I know the natural tanks seem to discolor after awhile but I was wondering how long it takes. I like the look of them new but I have seen some pretty cruddy looking older ones. Also do you think it is just the fuel staining it or is the sun some of the problem:excuseme: and how have the 07 wr450 tanks been holding up. I need a bigger tank just not sure what direction to go Thanks.

I have had mine for over a year now and no discolorization yet.

I have the natural tank on my YZ 250 and, it has definitely discolored over the years. The bike is always garaged so, that's not the problem. I think the discoloration just happens! The discoloration does not bother me much but, if you want to BLING BLING then get the clear tank no discoloration!:thumbsup:

In hind sight, I probably would have gone with the black one. I would have liked to switch out my plastics for white which wouldn't be my preferance with the natural tank color.

As far as seeing the gas, while it's an advantage, I can't say that I have ever looked at the gas and said "uh oh, we should be getting back". In the desert at higher speeds I know I can get at least 100 miles on the tank which is about time to start looking for a gas station or the truck anyway...can't go wrong in with any choice.

I have had mine for over a year now and no discolorization yet.

+1

I use mine while pitting, I try to get in and out of the pit as fast as possible knowing I only have 30 minutes or so of racing left I look at it while it's being filled.

I also have white plastics and I think it looks great:thumbsup:

Black definately looks better for the bling factor.

But I couldn't live without my natural. Not only does it rule for pitting as Don mentioned but it's also great for shorter rides and what not so you don't carry any more gas than you need. Save the weight :thumbsup:

That looks great for being a year old. I dont know if I could keep mine looking that good for a year. I think its time for a natural tank Im getting tired of packing it on my back. Thanks guys.

Mines over a year old with no discoloration yet. I always garage mine and it never goes into the garage without a good wash with simple green, a scrub brush and the garden hose. I think if the bike is left dirty for extended periods of time that contributes to the staining. The black tank looks good , but is a pain when fuelling up as you can't see the gas till it's almost too late. WR Dave