HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
carmacoma

oil change.

7 posts in this topic

i did`nt get the user manual when i bought my 02 wr426. so i wonder... what is the torque setting on the bolts that holds the oil filter and the oil drain bolts?

thanx. I`ll be ruined if u are suposed to change oil every 100miles. the mobile 1 cost 160nkr in norway, that is 20$ us dollars

Mobile 1 is $52 for 5 litres in aust, i dump my oil after every ride for peice of mind being our 426 is $11,000 so i use Mobile S at $32, change about 100-140km.

[ May 17, 2002: Message edited by: blue beast wins ]

I read about a tt-member who broke his crankcase drain bolt when torque it 13ft-lb. is this a fact? have run my bike about 30km. going to change my oil to morrow..after i have bought a torque wrench

Ouch :) That hurts! $20 for 1qt oil,a ltr is a bit bigger, it still hurts to think about it.. And just think, we get upset over $6-$7 a qt. here in the states..

SoCal

Oil filter drain bolt and oil filter cover bolts are 7.2 ft-lb, crankcase drain bolt is 14 ft-lb, frame drain bolt is 17 ft-lb, oil strainer (frame) is 65 ft-lb, engine oil hose clamp is 1.4 ft-lb, and the engine oil hose bolt is 7.2 ft-lb.