Hydraulic clutch on 07 - 08

anyone put one on the WR450F yet???

I am tired of the killer clutch pull and want to get something similar to my buddies KTM...

anyone put one on the WR450F yet???

I am tired of the killer clutch pull and want to get something similar to my buddies KTM...

:busted: I used to use a squishy rubber thing to increase my grip strength. so I have no issue pulling the stock clutch. all though after a three day ride at clear creek in February my left hand swelled up. :thumbsup: I just can't win.

The hydraulic cluctch will not make the pull any better than what it is with a good (not worn out) lever and new cable. What it does do is the pull does not degrade over time like the stocker as there is no cable to to wear and have increased friction. Also, by nature of design, it is self adjusting and on a Magura , you have the option of setting a lever poistion.

Clutch pull and travel are a factor of clutch springs and leverage. To make a stock clutch easier to pull, typically, you have to increase the leverage which also increases the travel. Think of a lever and fulcrum. The springs, if you put in softer ones you run tjhe risk of clutch slippage.

The hydraulic cluctch will not make the pull any better than what it is with a good (not worn out) lever and new cable. What it does do is the pull does not degrade over time like the stocker as there is no cable to to wear and have increased friction. Also, by nature of design, it is self adjusting and on a Magura , you have the option of setting a lever poistion.

Clutch pull and travel are a factor of clutch springs and leverage. To make a stock clutch easier to pull, typically, you have to increase the leverage which also increases the travel. Think of a lever and fulcrum. The springs, if you put in softer ones you run tjhe risk of clutch slippage.

Sound mechanical logic however, this doesn't account for the poor clutch cable routing that exists on the WR's. Namely the nearly 90 degree bends the cable goes through to get to the clutch (due to the position of the starter) increasing drag significantly. A pure hydraulic solution would alleviate this additional drag. That said, I have no idea if such a solution exists, but I'd be first inline to purchase one, I too am jealous of easier clutch pulls on every other bike I've had the pleasure of riding including the YZs, Suzukis, KTMs, Hondas.

Alright, I did a little research the Magura does have a 'pure' hydraulic solution for WRs. They claim a 30% decrease in effort and based on the reviews their claim seems accurate.

I updated to a juice clutch almost immediately on my 03 WR450F and found it a vast improvement over stock :busted: . Being a techie geeky kind of guy I then upgraded to the Recluse Z-Start Clutch and dumped the clutch lever all together. My left hand has been in bliss ever since :thumbsup:

Sound mechanical logic however, this doesn't account for the poor clutch cable routing that exists on the WR's. Namely the nearly 90 degree bends the cable goes through to get to the clutch (due to the position of the starter) increasing drag significantly. A pure hydraulic solution would alleviate this additional drag. That said, I have no idea if such a solution exists, but I'd be first inline to purchase one, I too am jealous of easier clutch pulls on every other bike I've had the pleasure of riding including the YZs, Suzukis, KTMs, Hondas.

Alright, I did a little research the Magura does have a 'pure' hydraulic solution for WRs. They claim a 30% decrease in effort and based on the reviews their claim seems accurate.

I noticed no difference of effort when a clutch jack was installed on two of my bikes (both new or nearly new bikes). I did it to 'nip in the bud' the eventual increase in effort due to wear and the self adjusting nature of the unit.

I noticed no difference of effort when a clutch jack was installed on two of my bikes (both new or nearly new bikes). I did it to 'nip in the bud' the eventual increase in effort due to wear and the self adjusting nature of the unit.

I let a buddy that normaly rides a big old CR500 ride my 08WR... after the ride he was convinced I had a hydro clutch. but I don't. just new cables.

i only use my clutch to start.

but it seems super smooth and effortless.

cheers

Warts