HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roushxteam199

cooling fan?

8 posts in this topic

I have searched and could not find what are people using for electric fans to help cool there bikes. I know how to hook it up and everything i just need to know where are the people getting the fans. My bike gets warm sitting in traffic and my friend on his ktm laughs at me and just flips his switch to turn on his fans. I need some.

i live in az and i was havin a problem with my wr450 getting a lil to warm so i got a boyesen high flow water pump and switched from regular coolent to water wetter and distilled water and it seems to have fixed my problem. try that out and see how it works. i hope so peps respond on the fan question cause i would also like to try that. the more cooling the better when its 110 out.

I installed expensive KTM fan to my 05 CRF450X and not-so expensive Suzuki DRZ fan to my 06 Wr450.... Also I tried really mighty computer fans - but they are a laugh - dont try them....

You will need to drill your rad to install the automatic switch thing though....

And with the large tanks there's no place for the fans....

good luck...

I installed a SPAL 4" fan on the back side of the right radiator to solve the problem. You can use a thermostat and variable fan switch from the aftermarket for a car. I ti-rapped the temp. bulb to the outside of the top tank and it works fine. The only issue I ran into was very tight clearance for the right side tank bolt. I cut down a 10mm socket to solve the problem.

Nice fix totally out of the way.

does a ktm fan for an exc fit the wr. i want it so i can manually switch it on. im just going to wire it up with a switch on top of the bars. i will start to look for the spal fan. thanks for all your ideas guys.

does a ktm fan for an exc fit the wr. i want it so i can manually switch it on. im just going to wire it up with a switch on top of the bars. i will start to look for the spal fan. thanks for all your ideas guys.

Now that summer is here and I am using my 444 to commute for the first time (damn high fuel prices!) I am thinking about adding a fan to help int he traffic and single track sections as well. I have to ask: Why put a switch in the circuit? Why not just run the fan all the time?

i want to keep my bike at around 139. It is the best temp the bike runs at to me. I will prob have this all figured out in the next few weeks and i will ppost pics.

I installed expensive KTM fan to my 05 CRF450X and not-so expensive Suzuki DRZ fan to my 06 Wr450.... Also I tried really mighty computer fans - but they are a laugh - dont try them....

You will need to drill your rad to install the automatic switch thing though....

And with the large tanks there's no place for the fans....

good luck...

So, which one is better, the ktm or drz fan and what was the pricedifference?