426?!?! good or bad?

i am 5'11 165lbs, and have rode quite a while.

i was just wondering if a 426 is right for me. i hear all these ppl talking about them but they are like 6'4 and i dont know if i would have fun on a bike that i have to lean at a 90 degree angle just to turn x). what do you think?

i am 5'11 165lbs, and have rode quite a while.

i was just wondering if a 426 is right for me. i hear all these ppl talking about them but they are like 6'4 and i dont know if i would have fun on a bike that i have to lean at a 90 degree angle just to turn x). what do you think?

Define fun.

If your idea of fun is racing on an MX track and trying to come out in front of the pack, then the 426 might not be your best weapon. It's heavy compared to newer bikes and will tire you out faster.

On the other hand if you like hitting an MX track for practice or enjoy riding in the woods, the 426 is great and will be fine for your height and weight. A 426 isn't the easiest bike to turn, but sitting far forward makes it easier.

I'm 5'9 190lbs and my 98 YZ400 works great for my height/weight. You won't have any problem with the 426 at your height.

They are all "relatively" the same size from 125-450, just gotta ride one and tune it to your liking, and adapt to it. I know guys who are 6'2 and race little 300quads and beat the 450s, man and machine... a true marriage.

I'm about 5' 11" and my 426 feels pretty good from an ergonomic point of view. Has tons of power for my 215 lbs (in full gear), no worries about your weight.

I'm just over 6' and weigh 260ish. I have ridden my 426 for a total of about 30 minutes since I bought it. I will say very impressive so far. Has more than enough power for me and is quite comfortable.