My Favorite YZ450 Mod...

A couple months ago I bought an '06 YZ450 that was a stocker with the Scotts submount damper system. Over the course of the next several weeks, I added the following (just because I could and I wanted to :thumbsup: ):

Zipty carb mod 'kit'

MRD-Racing full exhaust system with S/A (S/A req'd here)

IMS desert tank

New chain & gearing on the way - 13/50

Cycra pro-bends

Hour meter

Gripper seat cover on the way

Rekluse z-start pro

Stainless oil filter

After all is said and done, and finished bolting stuff on, my favorite mod to my surprise is the Pro Moto Billiet kickstand. I use it all the time. I'm getting old and tired when I ride. :ride: I have not been able to get off my bike during a break since 2001. Excellent quality and function.

I think the best performance mod is the Rekluse since I ride the tight single track trails here in AZ. It has allowed me to lug (ahem...cheat) up places I had no business going before. Its also helped me in the berms because you can stab the rear brake without thought of the clutch and it doesn't stall.

My $0.02 worth.

I'm getting old and tired when I ride. :thumbsup:

I hope you're kidding. 36?

You mean I've only got a year left to be young?????????

Nnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooo!!!!!

A couple months ago I bought an '06 YZ450 that was a stocker with the Scotts submount damper system. Over the course of the next several weeks, I added the following (just because I could and I wanted to :thumbsup: ):

Zipty carb mod 'kit'

MRD-Racing full exhaust system with S/A (S/A req'd here)

IMS desert tank

New chain & gearing on the way - 13/50

Cycra pro-bends

Hour meter

Gripper seat cover on the way

Rekluse z-start pro

Stainless oil filter

After all is said and done, and finished bolting stuff on, my favorite mod to my surprise is the Pro Moto Billiet kickstand. I use it all the time. I'm getting old and tired when I ride. :ride: I have not been able to get off my bike during a break since 2001. Excellent quality and function.

I think the best performance mod is the Rekluse since I ride the tight single track trails here in AZ. It has allowed me to lug (ahem...cheat) up places I had no business going before. Its also helped me in the berms because you can stab the rear brake without thought of the clutch and it doesn't stall.

My $0.02 worth.

Holy crap...my bike is pretty much modded the same as yours (Rekluse, Scott's sub-mount damper, etc, etc) and when I saw the title to this thread I thought to myself "I love my PMB kick stand"! Fit, finish, quality, and usefulness is all top notch.

While I don't think I would be excited about a kick stand just yet in my riding career. There will probably be a day a few years down the road, when I would love to have one.:thumbsup:

i hope 36 isn't the new 80

:thumbsup:

i hope 36 isn't the new 80

:ride:

Me too. I'd be over 130. :thumbsup:

Suspention should have been the first mod.

I then installed Rekluse

CP new Piston 13.75 to 1

I am still fighting the urge to put a stand on my YZ :thumbsup:

But now I feel better - hell - 42 is a proper kick stand age :ride:

I am still fighting the urge to put a stand on my YZ :thumbsup:

But now I feel better - hell - 42 is a proper kick stand age :ride:

Funny you mention the kickstand.

newboltonkickstand.jpg

I put one on my YZ when I bought it 3 years ago..

But, it is not really that useful in the desert anyways.

I am getting older but won't be buying anymore kickstands.

this is how I keep my new bike up..

march52008018campuae1st.jpg

Yeah, pretty much kidding. I find that Advil is my friend after an extended day on the single tracks though. I see a lot of old-timers tearing up the trails where I ride and only hope that will be me one day.:thumbsup:

I actually think the kickstand is still in the novelty phase. I haven't had a kickstand on a dirt bike since my '84 IT490...not a big deal in the Michigan woods where I grew up with lots of places to lean the bike against. Out in the AZ desert, the cactus is the closest thing to a tree.

I was, for the longest time, too cool for a kickstand. Never again. That thing is sweet, especially since I'm a weekend warrior only.

10-4 on the kickstand, I also love my 3.1 IMS tank, no more gas worries.

I put my kickstand to good use this weekend right before the start of a GP....

100_2080.jpg

'That how you got your screen name?

hey.... that was exactly what i was thinking....

Great minds think alike.

Of course, so do a number of those not so great.

Now he'll have to have that photo be his avatar.

Great minds think alike.

Of course, so do a number of those not so great.

Now he'll have to have that photo be his avatar.

you would think a great moderator with computer skills, such as yourself, could take care of the avatar thing for him.......

you would think a great moderator with computer skills, such as yourself, could take care of the avatar thing for him.......

You're sneaky and mean. I like it.

Well, I pretty much walked right into that one :thumbsup:

Actually though, the 'wiz' comes from my last name. If someone yelled "Hey Wiz!" at my family reunion all the guys and half the women would turn.