HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nathanyzf426

looking for opinions on wiseco pistons

10 posts in this topic

gidday my mates seem to think wiseco pistons are really rattl'y but i have also heard that they are good pistons reason im asking also is i was planning on putting one in my 426 im really after a racing high compression piston any suggestions on what brand would be the best for me cheers nathan

I have used Wiseco on many a two stroke, never a problem. Very fine pistons. I put a forged one in my 06 yz450. It got a lot louder in that plinking, tapping sound at idle. The engine is noisier now than ever. All the clearances checked out. Something about the forged piston I was told increases the noise. Works good though, it's been in there for a year and no trouble. Probably 20 hours or so.

Forged pistons use a bit more piston to wall clearance than cast, hence a bit noisier. I've got a bunch o-hours on a 13.5:1 Wiseco in my 444 with no problems.

I read something on TT about Wrist pin failuers with Wiseco piston. However, I dont know how valid the problem is.

I read something on TT about Wrist pin failuers with Wiseco piston. However, I dont know how valid the problem is.

I remember reading something about that. I believe it was because the circlip wasn't installed correctly or it was reused from an old piston.

I've also had good luck with them. Just make sure the motor is warm before you go wfo.

I just put the new one in that just came out from CP

It is the 13.75 to 1 and love it

ok lads thank you for the info much appreciated i think ill go behind my mates and get one and hope i have good luck with them also cheers nathan