looking for opinions on wiseco pistons

gidday my mates seem to think wiseco pistons are really rattl'y but i have also heard that they are good pistons reason im asking also is i was planning on putting one in my 426 im really after a racing high compression piston any suggestions on what brand would be the best for me cheers nathan

I have used Wiseco on many a two stroke, never a problem. Very fine pistons. I put a forged one in my 06 yz450. It got a lot louder in that plinking, tapping sound at idle. The engine is noisier now than ever. All the clearances checked out. Something about the forged piston I was told increases the noise. Works good though, it's been in there for a year and no trouble. Probably 20 hours or so.

I've always had good luck with Wiseco's. Its all I've ever used. :thumbsup:

Forged pistons use a bit more piston to wall clearance than cast, hence a bit noisier. I've got a bunch o-hours on a 13.5:1 Wiseco in my 444 with no problems.

I read something on TT about Wrist pin failuers with Wiseco piston. However, I dont know how valid the problem is.

I read something on TT about Wrist pin failuers with Wiseco piston. However, I dont know how valid the problem is.

I remember reading something about that. I believe it was because the circlip wasn't installed correctly or it was reused from an old piston.

just put a wiseco in a 85cc 2-stroker. worked great.

I've also had good luck with them. Just make sure the motor is warm before you go wfo.

I just put the new one in that just came out from CP

It is the 13.75 to 1 and love it

ok lads thank you for the info much appreciated i think ill go behind my mates and get one and hope i have good luck with them also cheers nathan