08 YZ450F with 24mm triple clamp review

Well I bought a new 08 YZ450F and loved the way it handled stock. I had a set of 24mm applied racing triple clamps from my 07 and figured why not try them. In my opinion the bike steers way better with the stock 08 clamps (or just the lack of the 24mm AR ones). I know that the changes for 08 were made in the axle position and not the clamps. It just seems to turn in better and faster with the stock setup.

Tommorow the 24mm applied racing clamps come off and I will put them on EBAY. Feels good to say I dont need them anymore.

I know that the changes for 08 were made in the axle position and not the clamps.
It has the same effect whichever way it's done.

But would it not make it 23mm if you use both?

Well I bought a new 08 YZ450F and loved the way it handled stock. I had a set of 24mm applied racing triple clamps from my 07 and figured why not try them. In my opinion the bike steers way better with the stock 08 clamps (or just the lack of the 24mm AR ones). I know that the changes for 08 were made in the axle position and not the clamps. It just seems to turn in better and faster with the stock setup.

Tommorow the 24mm applied racing clamps come off and I will put them on EBAY. Feels good to say I dont need them anymore.

yep the stock 08 needs no clamps

you 07 owners with stock clamps need these 24mm however.......:thumbsup:

But would it not make it 23mm if you use both?

You have right idea, yes. If you move the axle back two, and then the forks back two, the wheel goes back four.