HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wiz636

I am having no problems with my YZ450

54 posts in this topic

I ride/race the pi$$ out of my '06 pretty much every weekend and I have no problems with it at all. It runs like a champ! All I do is change the oil, air filter, and keep it lubed where it should. :thumbsup:

Anybody else...?

Wiz great thread! Especially as of lately :thumbsup:

I am very fortunate that I have had zero problems on my 06 and even better, zero mechanical/motor issues on my 03.

Now I do realize that these are all timebombs....but, knock on wood.....knock knock....NO ISSUES!

Well, I don't know, I'm having a lot of trouble with the nearly two year-old '06 I have. First, there was a set of fork seals, then recently the water pump seals, and let's see, oh yeah, the kick starter seal, too. And it still hasn't needed a valve adjustment. I think I'll have to sell it at this rate.

:thumbsup:

I have had 04, 07 and now 08 model. I have never had a problem with them.

my main problem is only being able to ride my bike 2 times a month.

that and gas prices.

she starts 3 or 4 kicks cold and 1st kick warm.

change the oil every 5 hours, oil filter every 10.

I ride/race the pi$$ out of my '06 pretty much every weekend and I have no problems with it at all. It runs like a champ! All I do is change the oil, air filter, and keep it lubed where it should. :thumbsup:

Anybody else...?

I hate that it takes 2 kicks to start - anytime, anyplace.:ride:

These things are bulletproof, but did have a fork seal leak on me early on. That's about the only problem from what I can recall.

Never had any problems with an 03 yz450 i owned for a year in 05.

no problems with my 06 WR450.

After sorting out my jetting post-used purchase, my '06 450 has been running flawlessly. I upgraded from an '00 426 and am very impressed with how far things have came, especially in the chassis.

I've had a lot of trouble with fork seals. Other than that, my '06 has been great. Even when the valves tighten up it starts fine and runs great. Don't know about the hours but I've been through at least 6 sets of sprokets?? I sure wish I could find a solution to the fork seal issue- any advise?

I'm having tons of problems with mine. I can't think about anything else all day, can't focus, just want to ride :thumbsup: . Other than that it has been great! I guess you could say I'm a lucky guy.

my 06 has been trouble free, just clean the air filter, and change the oil.. the forks have weeped a couple of times but I just use a motion pro seal cleaner (thin plastic like film) to clear it out and clean/grease the dust cover and it is good to go..

and this one should get a rise out of you, I am still on the original chain and sprockets...:thumbsup:

for you guys with fork seal problems, try the thin plastic film trick. Motion Pro also makes one. Usually after very muddy motos, you will have a problem if you do not clean your bike up (before the mud dries).

-scoot

Bought my first dirt bike since 1988 this past March. At the time I wasn't sure if a YZ450 was the best choice after being a four wheeler for so long. I am happy to say that other than dumping it in three feet of water and trying to kick it afterward :thumbsup: It is a tank. Starts first or second kick every time.

I will post pics and bike stats later.

Thanks.:ride:

Only 2.5 hrs on my '06, muffler buzzes (rattle or vibration) at certain rpm from the first time I started it, other than that just modded to fit me better, and rejetted. Over 530 hrs on my '00 426 and no engine or trans problems. TTr 125 everything broken by an 11 yr old 90# kid, hubs, frame, engine mounts, wheels, engine cases, strg stem, top triple clamp, bars, levers, frt forks, etc. Mike