HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gtxkid

Where to get a skid plate for YZ450F

15 posts in this topic

I ride Motocross and have a place in front of the motor i need a skid plate for.

Has a factory one on the bottom that only come's up a little in the front.

Fills up with mud.

What do they sell to fix the problem and where do i get it.

Thanks Greg

Try a Works Connection skid plate. It comes with a foam pad that you put between the plate and the engine (to stop mud filllup) and goes all the way up to where the frame downtube splits. It mounts with the stock screws. I got mine from the TT store.:thumbsup:

i like the factory gytr glide plate.. same as the works connection for a few bucks less. comes with some rubber pads for the frame and a peice of foam to help fight mud build up..

I use stock skid plate , then I take a piece of gutter guard, cut it and zip ty it in that empty spot.. It works great, keeps out the big chunks of mud, plus its vented. You can get a piece at home depot for $1.00

Light Speed carbon fiber.

if you do any other types of riding this will break in a few rides. I originally went with this route when i bought my 07 450 a glide plate.. Cracked in 2 rides from a rock being kicked up at it (desert).. went back to yamaha dealership and picked me up the GYTR Alum glide plate and couldnt be happier.

i like the factory gytr glide plate.. same as the works connection for a few bucks less. comes with some rubber pads for the frame and a peice of foam to help fight mud build up..

I have this one and can say that it i really like it...:thumbsup: