Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Diablo161

GPR or Scotts??

8 posts in this topic

After this last race I have decided that I need a steering stablelizer. I know of two GPR and Scotts does anyone have either of these and what do you think of them. I race desert so I am trying to save my arms a bit of pain during the raceses

GPR stabilizers can't be beat. I've had one on my 2003 and 2006 WR450F. They are cheaper than Scott's, work just as good, come with FREE lifetime service, are manufactured near San Diego (actually on Otay Mesa) and the owner is a desert racer and all around good guy. No the owner isn't my brother-in-law and he doesn't owe me money.

I have used both and would go with either. I did have an older model GPR that I sent in to get serviced and they gave me a brand new one. Scotts has never taken care of me.

dont get a new gpr! i have a new v4:mad: :thumbsup: check post from a few days ago= GPR stabilizer feels loose by= bladerunner426 ... design is too simple. not worth 400-500$

It all goes back to the Swedish Unic damper from the 80s. It looked the same as Scotts and older Öhlins do (there are still working dampers from those years around). When Öhlins bought the rights to produce them and develop them further, they eventually ended up under different brand names, too. However, have a look at the Öhlins web and you'll see things they only sell under their own brand name right now. Perhaps other brands will get them, too, sooner or later.