HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wicked_Crash

Mollibdinum disulfide grease

3 posts in this topic

I was looking through the manual and noticed that all swingarm components call for this type of grease. Does anyone use this particular grease or do you just use a good waterproof grease? What brand and type of grease do you preffer?

I don't have it in front of me, and can't remember what it is called, but I got a tub of Bel Ray grease that lists that component. I also have a tub of Yamalube, to be honest I've never checked to see if it has the Moly, and I generally use the Yamalube on my linkage (and air filter).

Molybdenum Disulfide is common to many assembly lubes. Personally, I wouldn't trip all over myself trying to find it where linkage, steering and wheel bearings are concerned, but where the manual calls for it in the motor (assembly lube) I do use it.

But you might check for the moly as an ingredient in whatever Bel Ray grease they have at your local shop.

Hope this helps.

I looked around at the ingredients in the greases at my local auto parts store. I don't have it in front of me but I ended up with two common types of grease - one had the moly the other the lithium-base. it was about 2 otr 3 bucks total.

I use the moly stuff in the swingarm and linkage and bel-ray waterproof everywhere else.