MY WR may be on the way out.

Yeah when one of my buddies starts complaining about the 125's being dogs, I usually find out that the reeds are bad, or it's jetted wrong, or geared too high. I used to hate my 125 until I put new reeds and a larger rear sproket on it. Now it's a fun little hill climber. I can only imagine what a 144 bore kit would do. Back to the Zuma's for a second though. Do they get good gas mialage. I've always heard two strokes consume gas a little faster. Also since it's a two stroke, does it have that 2 stroke hit? Whats the bore?

Zumas have a air-cooled 50cc engine - 40mm bore, 39mm stroke. They're rated on the Yamaha website at 123 mpg, but I think that's pretty optimistic. I would guess mine gets closer to 80 mpg.

The advantage of the two-stroke 50cc scooter is first, of course, that they're more powerful than a four-stroke with the same displacement. Second, there is much more hop-up potential with the two-stroke. Mine has an aftermarket pipe and variator, and I've ridden them with 70cc kits and larger carbs, and they are much, much faster than a stock one. Still though, keep in mind this is a low-compression, air-cooled, small bore engine with a v-belt automatic transmission. No powervalves. 'Hit' is nonexistent. Even a hopped-up one can be ridden by almost anyone with a modicum of riding experience. It's a lot like a two-stroke 125 - if you want raw power, look elsewhere. If you want fun, you've found it.

Nope, still don't want to trade.? The rocky mountains+ altitude+ hills+rocks +125 2t. don't add up

Yeah, I can see that. If I lived in the mountains, I'd definatley keep a big bore 4 stroke.

I have a 07 WR450 and ride at Muenster all the time and LOVE IT. and I can promise I am not in shape, you more than likey have seen me and my big gut..? I have had a couple WR's and never had any problems with the carbs, I understand you wanting a lighter bike, but that does not explain why your WR is not running right.. Did someone mess with the carb?

I have a 07 WR450 and ride at Muenster all the time and LOVE IT. and I can promise I am not in shape, you more than likey have seen me and my big gut..? I have had a couple WR's and never had any problems with the carbs, I understand you wanting a lighter bike, but that does not explain why your WR is not running right.. Did someone mess with the carb?

Oh, I'm not down on the wr because the carb is messed up this week. Don't get me wrong those are two seperate things in my mind. Yeah I had the carb out, and I'll figure out what I screwed up. The only reason I mention that is to illustrate, that it's by pure luck that I gave mr cr another chance. To be fair I haven't had my WR up to Muenster yet, in all those tight twisty hills and trails, (which I love). I should try it out before I pass judgement. I have only made it to Meunster once though. My normal spot is Moiser Vally in DFW. The WR isn't bad there. I have to hurry up and sell one of my bikes though. I bought my wife a 4 wheeler, and the deal was if we bought that I'd sell one of the bikes. To top things off, my brother in law, (one of the main people I go riding with) is all of a sudden trying to go quad on my ass.

Can you buy that zuma and ship it to me Frostbite style?

Np just send me your adress, cc number, and your social security number. I'll pack that bad boy right up, and send it your way :^)

My 2 copecks.

Sold my WR last year and changed to YZ (after 6 years on WRs).

Ride mostly wood trails, riverbeds, slow speed, wet dirt, etc stuff...

Yes, it took me couple of weeks to get use to the power/speed.... But my o my... This bike feels like (weight wise) 125 after a WR(when you have eventually pull it out of a clay-water filled rut) , the fork is WAAAAy better handling any stone river beds and suchlke.... It is really fun to ride and you feel like making little jumps off every bump etc.

After a month you get the kick of kicking it properly and forget about the button... who needs the button!?

Yes, 2 month down, I put 51 tooh rear sprocket ( probably 50 could be better, as the difference between 49 and 51 is really big) and ordered a kick stand and steering damper.... I still feel beaten up after a twisty and rocky 30 km ride - but man, do I enjoy these rides...

YZ opened a new era in my trail riding....

Maybe a recluse pro - i read good reports on it. Oherwise - perrrrrfect ?

you answered your own question, if the 125 is that more enjoyable for you, get rid of the wr, but for me, the wr250f is the perfect bike, yes I know its not a big bore, but I felt like chiming in, cheers.

:ride: 450s have more power then 250s. ? just thought you should know:ride: