HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MountainMax

Black Plastic

7 posts in this topic

I just done a quick search but never found anything in the subjects about people using Black plastic on our WR's, is there anyone out there using them? where can you get them and what do they cost? I have a buddy very interesting on turning his 06 all black, flat, satin, or matte black he wants.

Hi Max, I turned my '06 all black & used Polisport for shrouds, fenders & sidepanels. I bought a Black Clarke tank & also a MCS headlight with black surround.

WedgeIsland.jpg

Hope it helps

Cheers from Oz

So that's basically a YZ plastics kit ($130), plus a headlight shroud in black($70-$120), then the necessary Baja Designs rear LED brake light ($50). It will be at least $275 all told I figure. I was thinking of doing the same but will probably hold off until next year.

Sorry, Been offline for a while. Here's a photo front on in its development stage. I was wrong about the fender plastics, They are UFO. The plastics were about AUS$120.00, Acerbis LED tailight AUS$95.00, Clarke tank US$160.00 plus freight. Headlight AUS$55.00. All up AUS$400.00 approx.

DSC00816-1.jpg

Cheers

That's not too bad, I already have the BD led tailight and yz blue fender

so thats a start.