HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hourout

top triple clamp replacement

5 posts in this topic

my old hand guards mounted to the triple clamp and broke the bottem bolt hole on the left side fork clamp :D i have now gone with moose hand guards that mount to my pro taper bars..so far the only replacements i have found is the oem for $120. i would like to open up the cockpit on my 2001 xr 650r and more hight of the bars. any suggestions. thanks in advance. :)

Keep your eye open on eBay. There were a set of Applied upper clamps for oversize bars, but I'm not sure when the bid ended.

I got my Pro-Taper upper clamp off of eBay for $70 + shipping. It works okay, but needed a little bit of dremel work to get it to clear the frame...and some file work to keep it from knocking a hole in my Clarke 4.3

I have a red anodized FMF top clamp and bar mounts I'm willing to let go cheap. Like stated above I needed to trim a bit to get it to clear but it fits like a charm now. I used my lathe to do it so it looks great. I have the bar clamps for both regular and oversized bars. The reason I have them for sale is I went with a GPR set-up. I'll sell them to you for $75. Send me an e-mail at drc@davissmith.com if interested. Dan

Hourout--Check out BRP. They do awesome work and have different offsets depending on how much you want to open up your ergo's. I have had mine a year now and love them. Their fit and finish is impressive. The GPR or Scott's mounts cleanly to them also....My 2 cents.