HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mjg15

Optional stiffer Titanium springs avail ?

11 posts in this topic

Does Yamaha offer an optional heavier rate Ti spring ? I looked at online fiche and didn't see it . Also tried search . Anyone know ??

Thanks

Look under "alternate for chassis". They list 9 different titanium single rate rear springs.

Thanks for the speedy relies . grayracer , I knew they had to be there somewhere . Unfortunately they don't go high enough . They have a 5.58 - I need a 5.8 or 6.0 .

pro circuit sells titanium springs - give them a call

Thanks , found them . $500.

$500 :bonk: does that come with lube? :thumbsup:

tell me about it. I payed 335.00 for a 5.6 Ti Yami spring...

man PC really bends you over......:ride:

Enzo and DRD had some RCS Ti springs for sale check them

I put a factory connection spring in. Works great, its not ti, under 100 bucks. It is heavier but I dont think any body could tell while in the saddle. The right size spring is more important than the weight, imo. I have no Idea why the springs are 500 bucks, ouch...

I put a factory connection spring in. Works great, its not ti, under 100 bucks. It is heavier but I dont think any body could tell while in the saddle. The right size spring is more important than the weight, imo. I have no Idea why the springs are 500 bucks, ouch...
The first reason is that titanium is expensive. The second reason is that the Yamaha springs are produced in volume by a large manufacturer with a multi-year contract, and the Pro-Circuit spring is turned out in very small numbers by a much smaller maker who may have no assurance whatever that he will be making more in the future. Considering these two things, it doesn't surprise that Yamaha wants 250% more for the Ti springs than the steel ones made from much less expensive materials in much greater numbers, or that PC wants even more for theirs, which are really almost custom parts.

To me, I think your point is pretty well taken regarding the steel springs. There is a 2-3 pound difference in the spring weight, but I have to agree that a bike with the right springs will handle far better than one that weighs 3 pounds less but has the wrong springs. As much as I would as soon have the ti spring, I'd have to go with steel if I needed one myself.