'08 vs '07 WR450F MODS

New '08 WR 450. I've disconnected the grey wire and changed to the YZ throttle stop screw - Big change in available POWER. I have not touched the airbox or exhaust baffle (because I'm not sure about re-jetting yet). There is just a slight bog but the only time it really happens is when I rev it in neutral. With smooth throttle application there is no bog, riding the bike with even throttle roll is nice and quick. I don't know how to wheelie, maybe the bog would be a bummer there. I'd like to learn so I can clear logs with the front.

I think I'm leaving the AIS on. If it cuts out emissions slightly and really doesn't change performance other than removing negligible decel pop - Then its staying on.

Anyways, to get back on target - are the mod recommendations the same 08 vs 07?? as far as jetting, accelerator pump linkage,.... There seem to be differences between 07 and earlier years, and I wonder if 08 has significant changes vs 07. I have the GTYR AIS kit (I've decided since purchase to leave it on). I've used the screw, but wonder about the needle and jet.

I guess I need to know if the 07 JD jetting kit and ZipTy screw will go with my bike. Thanks I've found the site to have a wealth of info :thumbsup: and have looked through all the pages of the 07 WR mods and FAQ.

Erik :rolleyes:

I guess I need to know if the 07 JD jetting kit and ZipTy screw will go with my bike. Thanks I've found the site to have a wealth of info :thumbsup: and have looked through all the pages of the 07 WR mods and FAQ.

Erik :rolleyes:

I've got the JD kit and the ZipTy screw on my 08. I got them off JD's web site.

I think its works very well. ( my AIS is still connected).

promoto or GYTR exhuast tip is nice too. I have the GYTR... but I think the promoto sounds a tiny bit better.