YEAH, I finally figured it out.

I am so happy. I finally figured out the setup for my YZ 450F. Now I feel faster, smoother, and I am not getting beat to death. Now I can really appreciate the capabilities of the 07 YZ 450F. Here's what I got:

Front and rear tire pressure: 8.5 lbs (riding in desert with lots of sand).

Rebound - went factory setting front and back

Compression - 10 out from hard, front and back

Sag - 3.5"

Stock Pro Taper bars with Tusk bar riser kit, all spacers installed except thinnest one.

I find that I am much faster sitting down. This setup allows that without jarring me when I hit sharp edges. I can get up off the seat very quick, and the bar height really helps to get the bike turned and loft the front end when needed.

i just did the same thing with the riser kit....wow...much better. I do get some high speed head shake. I haven't figured out the exact spacer set for me, but this is great. I'm a cornering fool now!!!

BTW, I'm 6'3" and left out one of the middle spacers. I might switch and try your set up

i just did the same thing with the riser kit....wow...much better. I do get some high speed head shake. I haven't figured out the exact spacer set for me, but this is great. I'm a cornering fool now!!!

BTW, I'm 6'3" and left out one of the middle spacers. I might switch and try your set up

I started fairly small, kept adding spacers, and finally hit it right on the head with the tallest setup (except for the thin one). Man what a difference. You are taller than me, you'll probably want all of the them installed.

I probably do...Just feels weird. Not used to something actually almost being comfortable....lol

hey coastie how tall are you and your weight??

Rear sag at 4.0 Front Lower at 12, Front uppers at 11. Rear lower at 9, Rear upper at 14. Tire pressure at 9psi front and rear. Soft dirt and sand riding. Made a world of difference. I'm 5'9" at 170.

hey coastie how tall are you and your weight??

6'2", 210 lbs with all my gear on.

I am so happy. I finally figured out the setup for my YZ 450F. Now I feel faster, smoother, and I am not getting beat to death. Now I can really appreciate the capabilities of the 07 YZ 450F. Here's what I got:

Front and rear tire pressure: 8.5 lbs (riding in desert with lots of sand).

Rebound - went factory setting front and back

Compression - 10 out from hard, front and back

Sag - 3.5"

Stock Pro Taper bars with Tusk bar riser kit, all spacers installed except thinnest one.

I find that I am much faster sitting down. This setup allows that without jarring me when I hit sharp edges. I can get up off the seat very quick, and the bar height really helps to get the bike turned and loft the front end when needed.

Where did you buy the riser kit at?

Im 6-2 220 and was thinking of trying a riser kit

Anyone:excuseme:

I bought my Tusk riser kit from Rocky Mountain ATV for $20.00. Best $20.00 you'll spend.

I 2nd Coastie3202!!!!! It helped my bike in several ways. From arm pump to cornering...Amazing. I never knew how important it was to make a bike fit you.