HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bryans 86

just bought a 2002 yz426

7 posts in this topic

just picked up a 2002 yzf426 for 1700 bucks. had a fmf pipe and is fairly clean. been riding it a few times over the weekend and need to go get it registered monday. Any tips or pointers. ive been riding street bikes for 3 years and got sick of always getting pulled over for dumb stuff so i sold my 05 gsxr and paid it off and bought this. im happy just wish there was a way i could get it registered for on road and buy some motard tires ..

The 426 was my last bike, it is a good torqy bike. If it does't have it already put an exahust cam in it. It makes it much easier to start.

humm i dont know if it does but my buddie has a 2001 426 and i always had a hard time getting his to start this bike i had no problem usually dont even need the hot start. the guy i bought it off of didnt know anything about it but there are two new side cases on it ( kinda makes me nervous ) and the bolts for the oil filter have small holes drilled through them and wire going threw them so they cant come loose ....

It's an awsome desert bike. Advice worth it's weight in gold?.....Spend another $200 and get yourself an auto decompression cam installed. Trust me...Especially if your new to the dirtbike scene.

You would know if you have the cam mod.....do you have a decompression lever on the handlebar that you MUST pull in, when trying to start the bike? If not either you have the cam mod ( which has the auto decompression built in), or you are a gorilla with mega torque. I just did the cam mod on mine...kinda tames the bike down a bit. Before the mod it would pull a hard wheelie in any gear, with just a 1/2 throttle blip, now it's more linear.

yeah i have the decompression lever and i need to use it but i dont mind i like having a " special way " to start my bike that way my moron friends cant just hop on it and take it for a ride. its damn funny watching them trying to start it ...

yeah i have the decompression lever and i need to use it but i dont mind i like having a " special way " to start my bike that way my moron friends cant just hop on it and take it for a ride. its damn funny watching them trying to start it ...

HAHA!! I agree, once i learned how to do it I can get it started on one kick everytime...but my friends always hurt themselves when they try!!!:thumbsup: