HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vegemite_luva

What holds the headlight shroud still?

4 posts in this topic

When I got my 2003 WR450F last year it came with a number plate and later I bought the headlight shroud assembly from a fellow TT'er. I bought the top mounting brackets but did not see anything in the way of a lower mounting point. After one year I found that I have wear marks on my fork legs :thumbsup: .

Is there some lower mounting point? If so, could some one take a picture of it? Or tell me the part#s?

I noticed the very bottom of the shroud has a hole with a brass grommet but I don't see what this would be used for. Is there simply a screw/bolt that goes into the fender?

It should have a flat t shaped mount that bolts to the bottom triple clamp. Don't know why they don't show it on the 03 parts list but here is the one of a 2005.Should be the same thing #9 part number 5PH-84319-50-00

ya.jpg

1 person likes this

It's listed under "Meter" on page E6 of the 03 WR450 parts manual, 5NG-84319-50-00.

1 person likes this

It should have a flat t shaped mount that bolts to the bottom triple clamp. Don't know why they don't show it on the 03 parts list but here is the one of a 2005.Should be the same thing #9 part number 5PH-84319-50-00
It's listed under "Meter" on page E6 of the 03 WR450 parts manual, 5NG-84319-50-00.

WHOO HOO!!! Thank you so much, you guys are awesome! I never would have been able to find those myself. I was combing the online microfiche and I never would have thought to look under "Meter" or to look under another year.

I tell ya, there is no better online community than Thumpertalk.