HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bigcr

Broken forks!

7 posts in this topic

So I took my '07 for a pretty easy off road ride yesterday and when I got done and put my bike on the stand, the forks extend an extra couple of inches now. It looks like a chopper! I've seen the insides of forks come apart on the inside before, but never on MY bike. Of the 4 or 5 that I have seen this happen to, they were all KYB 's.:thumbsup:

do the forks go back down when you take it off the stand?

i no on my bikes when you take the bike off the stand it sags a inch or so then when you put it on the stand it extends a inch or so.

but i think you know that already, take some pics?

I'll take some pics before I tear them down tonight. You can see inches between the fork guard and the bottom of the upper fork tube. I see $ leaving my wallet.

What is the service history of your forks, just curious?

I changed the springs to stiffer ones about 10 hours ago. It has to be something I f#$*ed up. I'm torn; if it's something I did, at least I can learn from it. If it's a defect, then how do I keep it from happening again?:thumbsup:

... how do I keep it from happening again?:thumbsup:
First, we need to see what happened.

First, we need to see what happened.

Yup; I can't wait to get off work!