colorado riders last chance enduro

It was fun but VERY dusty. If you weren't the lead dawg in your minute, you ate mucho-dusto. The AA moto and tire change moto were the definite highlights:

Pepper and Neumy were dicing hard for the overall when Pepper tried and outside pass on Neumy, who in turn tried to block, and both wound up in the stock pond. At that point Ron Schmelzle drove calmly by for the overall.

On the tire change, Mart Geary got about a 20 second jump on Pepper on going out for the last lap. Pepper passed Mart in the next-to-last corner in a move that had to be seen to believed.

There were a few TT'ers there, Lefthander and Mike Olichney were both there.

I think Lefty wound up 5th 4stA, Mike was 15th Sr B and I finished 1st Sr B.

Merf

Originally posted by Dave W:

Where does someone go to findout about upcoming events in Colorado?

Dave,

Upcoming enduros can be found at www.racermec.org ... just follow the "Schedule" link at the top of the page. They have quite a few schedules overlaid there.

Racemile,

Thanks. I had a pretty good ride up there finishing 8th OA B. That's my best finish in 10 years or so. Definitely give it a shot this summer. Two upcoming events, Jumping Cow and Peetz Table are geared more towards first-timers. JC is in it's first year and PT is done by long-time promotors of the vanquished Limon Enduro. Spoke a little to the promoter of JC and he said it'd be very similar to the layout/terrain/difficulty of Last Chance.

Merf

Hey Merfman, how did you get your results? I don't see them posted on the racermer.org site.

I was in line 27 racing in the 4stroke C class with 2 other TT members. 3 laps of 20 miles, 4 timed special tests per lap.

Every special test was a dead engine start!

If you like off-camber turns then this was the race for you! It seemed like every turn was downhill with no berm so your front end wanted to slide out. I've been practicing at Rampart where EVERY turn has a big berm so it took me at least the first special test to learn how to turn without a berm. After the first lap it got very dusty and hard to pass because you couldn't see anything. Although there wasn't much to see because there were no rocks and no trees, just a big lake! Very fun race and a good beginner one because it was not technical.

Originally posted by KerryT:

Hey Merfman, how did you get your results? I don't see them posted on the racermer.org site.

I was in line 27 racing in the 4stroke C class with 2 other TT members. 3 laps of 20 miles, 4 timed special tests per lap.

Every special test was a dead engine start!

If you like off-camber turns then this was the race for you! It seemed like every turn was downhill with no berm so your front end wanted to slide out. I've been practicing at Rampart where EVERY turn has a big berm so it took me at least the first special test to learn how to turn without a berm. After the first lap it got very dusty and hard to pass because you couldn't see anything. Although there wasn't much to see because there were no rocks and no trees, just a big lake! Very fun race and a good beginner one because it was not technical.

I got my results 'cause I still have "inside" sources. ? I have a spreadsheet with all the test times, names, etc... The results were being posted on Tuesday, but I noticed today that they've been pulled for some reason. One note too, that I think is VERY BOGUS, is that unless you're an RMEC member, you aren't listed in the results. As an example, look at the results for LTR for the Sr B class. Only places 1 and 8 are listed. I understand scoring only the members, but to not even list the results is BS.

Who else was on your minute? How'd you finish?

One other note about the course. The original 1st test (by camp) was laid out by a friend of mine (Mark Stevens, ISDE Silver and Gold Medalist) to emulate what he'd seen at the ISDE. I thought he did a great job and had a blast on that test. This year's test was almost identical to last years.

How'd you like the corkscrew in test 4? I was still laughing when I got to the checkout.

Merf

Kerry, FYI, here's a summary of your row:

OA = how you did overall

Cl = how you did in class

Sc = score

Tb = tiebreaker score

X = check (eg 2)

Xs = check score

Xtb = check tiebreaker

Row Bike Div ClassOA Cl Sc TB 2 2s 2tb 3 4 5 6 6s 6tb 7 8 9 10 10s 10tb 11 12 13

27E KTM A 200 45 3 42 904 4 19 229 4 4 1 4 37 247 4 4 1 4 13 223 4 4 1 3 55 205

27D KTM B Open 52 8 43 803 5 7 277 5 4 1 4 54 264 5 4 1 4 52 262 5 4 1

27A YAM C 4-S 47 9 48 858 5 21 291 5 4 1 5 13 283 5 5 1 5 14 284 5 6 1

27C YAM C 4-S 64 12 50 908 6 2 332 5 5 1 5 28 298 5 5 1 5 8 278 6 5 1

27B YAM C 4-S 90 15 57 948 5 35 305 6 5 2 5 38 308 6 5 2 6 5 335 7 6 2

It's kinda hard to read but if you study it, you'll get the hang of it pretty quick. Any ??...

Not sure what you mean.. you mean between riders on the same minute? If so, let's look at check 2:

27A dropped 5 min, 21 sec (tb = ((5*60) - 30) + 21 = 291

27C dropped 6 min, 2 sec (tb = 332)

332-291 = 41s difference. That's the hard way, the easy way is 39s + 2s = delta 41.

Merf

Merv I just want to know in overall time what what the difference between riders A, B and C? I think:

Rider A dropped 48 minutes

Rider B dropped 57 minutes

Rider C dropped 50 minutes

Does that sound right?

Thanks again

Merv I just want to know in overall time what what the difference between riders A, B and C? I think:

Rider A dropped 48 minutes

Rider B dropped 57 minutes

Rider C dropped 50 minutes

Does that sound right?

Thanks again

Yep, that looks right to me!

Merf

I had a great time at Last Chance! The dust in the corkscrew (how cool was that!) was like being in a literal blackout. I placed 3rd in 4-Stroke C. I'm looking forward to JC and Inyan Kara.

As for a beginner race, LC was perfect. That was my fiancee's first race and she had a blast, too. UNfortunately she seized her bike. Anyone remember the KX100 laying on its side at the start of the 2nd test? Yep. That was her bike and my current project ?

Merfman,

If the dog was a chocolate lab that sniffed all around for crumbs like a carp, that was Lincoln, and yes, he is my dog. I hope he wasn't a pain, he's just friendly.

Inyan Kara was a blast last year. Some of the sections were so tight that I swear they ran us through game trails.

My girl's bike has been seizing. Pretty strange. The shop put a new piston and rings in it. Saturday we may head up to Berthoud or Erie and see how it runs.

Were you selling the YZ?

Originally posted by Keener:

I had a great time at Last Chance! The dust in the corkscrew (how cool was that!) was like being in a literal blackout. I placed 3rd in 4-Stroke C. I'm looking forward to JC and Inyan Kara.

As for a beginner race, LC was perfect. That was my fiancee's first race and she had a blast, too. UNfortunately she seized her bike. Anyone remember the KX100 laying on its side at the start of the 2nd test? Yep. That was her bike and my current project ?

DAMN! Remember the motorhome where your dog was trying to get in to see my dog? That was me!

I wondered what happened to her bike. I saw her sitting there, OK, but otherwise dejected.

From what I've heard JC will be very similar to LC. Inyan Kara on the other hand can be, don't know if it will be, a little tougher. I haven't raced that one in a couple of years but it is was a blast then. Paul and company do a great job of making that a fun race!

Merf

Originally posted by Keener:

Merfman,

If the dog was a chocolate lab that sniffed all around for crumbs like a carp, that was Lincoln, and yes, he is my dog. I hope he wasn't a pain, he's just friendly.

Were you selling the YZ?

He wasn't a pain at all.. he just saw Tyson (pit bull/boxer mix) and wanted to play.

My buddy Dillon was selling the 00426F. He was parked to the immediate East of us..

Merf