HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drew778

New 2007 YZ 450F

6 posts in this topic

I'm going to break it in tomorrow, does anyone have any tips/things I need look out for?

Thanks

Andrew

I'd recomend a 50 tooth heat treated sprockete and a regina 0rn6 chain along with a white bros aluminum pro 2 exhaust. Awsome bike. Do what the manual recommends for break in procedure.

And as far as setup goes. Once you are done breaking it in and you have time to play with the bike's settings, you may want to set the sag anywhere between 95-98mm, and try raising the forks 5mm, that will help you in the corners, especially if you ride motocross tracks. For open trails, i wouldnt say raising the forks is necessarily a must. Good luck, you will have a blast on that bike for sure.

Oh yeah and definatley set the sag and spring it for your weight and adjust the clickers for your personal prefrance, the clickers work great so one click at a time is noticeable.

Nice bike and perfect fit.

Change the oil and filter after first hour of riding. (this is part of breakin)

regrease suspension