HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
husqy360

how to grease 2006 yz450f swingarm linkage

17 posts in this topic

hello fellow riders

im new to thumpertalk and have a few question.

i just got me a new (new for me) 2006 yz450f, bike is in amazing shape!:thumbsup:

so which parts i should retight regrease or re check ?

i will appreciate any other tips.

i live in edmonton ab so any riders around the city that want to ride let me know, im a preety good rider, not a pro, and im 24

thanks for helping

james!

how do i attach pic?

Definitely take the steering head apart and pack those bearings with grease. Then take the linkage out and pack all the bearings and seals with grease. It doesn't hurt to push some grease in the wheel bearing seals (make sure they are clean first) and grease the axles so they come out easier. Take the chain adjuster bolts out of the back of the swingarm and grease them as well to prevent them from freezing in the swingarm later.

be careful when putting grease in the suspension link, they have needle bearings in there that will move when you put grease in there.

ok thank but how do i open/take apart the swingarm.

my old husqy had a grease nipple.

be careful when putting grease in the suspension link, they have needle bearings in there that will move when you put grease in there.

Actually the right way to do this is to take all the needles out. Carefully so that you don`t drop any and wash them clean in a little solvent bottle or something. Then you can also clean throughly the outer races of bearings and put it all together with new grease.

Flush the brakes if it hasn't been done recently. Read up on rerouting the breather hose into the airbox. I have the 06 450. Very nice. I'm satisfied.

Flush the brakes if it hasn't been done recently. Read up on rerouting the breather hose into the airbox. I have the 06 450. Very nice. I'm satisfied.

wow that is a weird place to put that hose.

i know that even in older quads the hose goes to the air box.

ill try to move in somwhere safer/higher and use my rc air filter.

thanks for the tip

so after the first ride

im very happy with the bike, ride like a killer.

seems like 2nd gear is little to short for deep sand and front felt little heavy, i got uset to it preety fast tho.

Hey Husky Im in Stony Plain. Where you been riding at. Nice bike too good choice! You ride track or just trails??

About the breather hose do that before you hit the sand again! I ride lots of sand out at Bruderheim and your bound to get some up the hose at some point.

hey

im new in edmonton, i live in the west side

last week i was at bruderheim for few hours but its preety small.

do you know on any longer trails around edmonton?

i ride anything i find!

i toke a long break from dirtbikes after few bad crashes.

do you know if that motocross track around the small airport open to the public?

Hey Husky the track in edmonton by the airport is Castrol Raceway ive never ridden there. Its got a drag strip and oval track but the motocross portion is open on tuesday and thursdays 5-9pm and thats open practice.

Where in bruderhiem were you because there are 2 sides and a very extensive trail system you just have to know where to look. :thumbsup:

as far as more trails go Theres redwater, vega (watch for cops as if you cross the road its government land) I hear theres decent pits out at westlock i have yet to see for myself. But theres not many options that are very close to edmonton. Check out the Where 2 Ride section on the forums here!

just finished the breather hose mod.

100_4538.jpg

FreshDonutsCAN send me a pm when you go riding ill come !