Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Quinndog

Need 5-6 gal fuel tank for 08 WR450F

6 posts in this topic

Help, I need a 4.5 to 6.5 gallon fuel tank for my 08 WR450F and all I can find are 3.1-3.3 gallon models with the exception of the VERY pricy Aqualine 4.1 gallon for almost $500. If anyone knows where to get them I would GREATLY appreciate the info, as I will need AT LEAST 150-mile range minimum.:thumbsup:

Help, I need a 4.5 to 6.5 gallon fuel tank for my 08 WR450F and all I can find are 3.1-3.3 gallon models with the exception of the VERY pricy Aqualine 4.1 gallon for almost $500. If anyone knows where to get them I would GREATLY appreciate the info, as I will need AT LEAST 150-mile range minimum.:thumbsup:

Does not look like Acerbis has any plans to continue the 6.6 on the 07-08 models so I imagine your only choice is the very expensive Aqualine or maybe something like the Acerbis 3.3 along with a 1.3 side panel tank, but that side panel tank is not exactly cheap either.

Ya it kind of sucks, I got on "Just tanks" site before I bought the WR and they had 6.6 gallon tanks, after I bought the bike (about 3 weeks later) the site said 6.6 gal tanks discontinued for 07-08, so I called them and they said they SOLD the 2 they had a week before. ALL KINDS of O/S tanks for the CRF450X!!! I DO NOT want to haul gas on my trip! It's bad enough on the trials bike, but what are you going to do?! It could be years before someone decides to make one....or I pay $500 for a 4.1 gal Aqualine:< OK I'll stop whinning.

Beating on it . on the back roads . I run mine on 90% street. I have been hitting the more trails lately .I'm may throw the knobbies back on it to really hit the dirt soon.