HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stoy66

120/90/18 or 130/90/18 Dual Sport Tire Size

10 posts in this topic

I've decided to go with the Dunlop D606's. Stock size is 110/90/18. I know the 120/90/18 will fit but how about the 130? Anyone with experience with this?

Tire weight makes a noticeable difference

I installed the rear wheel from my 125 on the 450 cause it had a knobby and my 18 inch wheel had a dual sport tire on it.

The 125 rim had an aluminum sprocket, one rim lock and of course a smaller tire with a standard tube.

I was blown away how much better the bike handled even with a knobby that was too small for the big 450

So in opinion I feel you should go with the smaller tire

I have a 130/90 Pirreli mt21 and it fits with no problem

Wow I did'nt know you could fit a 130 wheel in the swingarm, whats the clearance between tire and swingarm?

Wow I did'nt know you could fit a 130 wheel in the swingarm, whats the clearance between tire and swingarm?

there is between 1/2" and 5/8", lots of room. The tire sits on the rim well just a little bit of a pain to mount:crazy:

i just put 130/90-18 on my L and when i got it i thought this tire will not fit,it will and makes the bike seem bigger on road had to trim the chain gaurd a little out side lugs just rubed it stock.

I have a 130/90/18 Michelin on my bike right now(for dirt only). To get it to fit all you need to do is slide the brake caliper off the end of its rail to allow the knobbies past the tight spot and then slide it back into place. I use the D606 tires in a 120/90/18 size and they are great. The 130 Michelin fit, so i would say the D606 should as well.

Ive run both 110-120 combo as well as the 120-130 combo on my WR450.

Ive stayed with the smaller combo for a couple reasons. 1. Less unsprung weight makes the bike handle/feel better. 2. Unlike a bigger torque motor [XR650r] the smaller tire can be "spun up" easier for cornering.

Yea you can fit a 160/60R17 in there!

rearwr.jpg

:thumbsup: