WR 450F simulation at Ricardo Wave

Hi everyone

I am a new member here, happy enough to have joined your forum.

I want to ask if anyone has tried to simulate a yamaha wr 450f engine, using Ricardo Wave. I started building this model a week ago and i have come up with some "difficulties", mainly with some dimensions (such as valve diameters, runner lengths ect).

Any information will be precious for me, as the simulation is allocated for university research purposes.

Thank you in advance for your help and time. ?

Hi everyone

I am a new member here, happy enough to have joined your forum.

I want to ask if anyone has tried to simulate a yamaha wr 450f engine, using Ricardo Wave. I started building this model a week ago and i have come up with some "difficulties", mainly with some dimensions (such as valve diameters, runner lengths ect).

Any information will be precious for me, as the simulation is allocated for university research purposes.

Thank you in advance for your help and time. ?

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds interesting. You might try using the search engine here to find guys that currently have their motors apart. You could then email them and ask them to measure the parts for you.

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds interesting. You might try using the search engine here to find guys that currently have their motors apart. You could then email them and ask them to measure the parts for you.

Hi ETP, thanks for answering me. I forgot to say that i have a brand new yamaha wr 450f engine in my workshop, so i measured many parts by myself.

Though, some dimensions (such as intake runner length) are impossible to be measured by hand precisely. In addition, i would prefer not to open the engine (for dimensions such as valve diameters) because it arrived just a week ago ?

I also searched for a specification list or something like that but i didn't find anything at all :/

Hi ETP, thanks for answering me. I forgot to say that i have a brand new yamaha wr 450f engine in my workshop, so i measured many parts by myself.

Though, some dimensions (such as intake runner length) are impossible to be measured by hand precisely. In addition, i would prefer not to open the engine (for dimensions such as valve diameters) because it arrived just a week ago ?

I also searched for a specification list or something like that but i didn't find anything at all :/

May sound like an "ambulance chase" tactic, but there's a thread just started from a guy who knows of an engine which is disassembled. Maybe you could get him to measure some parts for you.

• 2 weeks later...

I work in the auto industry for a company (MAHLE) that designs pistons and intake manifolds - I would be curious to see your results - what exactly are you trying to do once you have the model complete. Are you looking to improve performance? Any info would be appreciated.

Hello dlt333.

As a member of Formula Student Team of University of Patras, i am trying to make a full analysis/presentation of the Yamaha WR450 F engine, in order to use it in our new single seater racing car.

For more information about the competition visit www.formulastudent.com

I must mention that our car will be equipped with a fuel injection system. Firstly (for this year-July's '08 competition) we want a working, well-analysed engine. So, engine performance doesn't bother us so much for now. However, we will participate at the 2009 event with this engine too, so any improvements will be desired.

We followed the same strategy with our second car, UoP 2, that uses a Yamaha XT600 engine. Last year worked without modifications, however this year we changed the piston diameter, camshaft with revised profile and timing, weight-reduced bolts and exhaust, for increased performance.

I finally simulated WR 450F at Ricardo Wave, if you are interested tell me to attach some photos.

• 4 years later...

Hi mech5489,

I am also member of a FSAE team and we just bought a WR450F engine. I am very interested on your Ricardo Wave model, since my teammates don´t want open the engine (actually, neither do I). Could you send it to me? The stock engine model would be great ? Thanks