Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aka.Goose

Will an 08 OEM black ignition cover fit on 07 yz450f?

8 posts in this topic

Yes. Or you can just paint your black, it will look the same and rub off just as fast. If you want it to stay black for more than one ride get yours powder coated.

This was my thought(to replace mine 06) when i first saw the black covers...until I learned the paint comes off the first 25sec of use. You can get the cover powder coated for better hold up but it still wont last like a Hinson cover...these seem indestructable (on my 03)

Well, that's the thing...I'm putting in a hinson clutch, and ordered the hinson clutch cover...So I'd like the ignition cover to be black as well...I don't think hinson makes an ignition cover for 06-08, do they?

Nope, just talk to a guy at Hinson...At this point they're just "thinking" of doing ignition covers...

I don't want to go carbon fiber, seen them wear/chip, even crack...no thanks...plus I don't think lightspeed even makes them for yamis?

Don't think the line-x would work well because of the holes/threads (that stuff is thick)...

I suppose powder coating is the best option???

Nope, just talk to a guy at Hinson...At this point they're just "thinking" of doing ignition covers...

I don't want to go carbon fiber, seen them wear/chip, even crack...no thanks...plus I don't think lightspeed even makes them for yamis?

Don't think the line-x would work well because of the holes/threads (that stuff is thick)...

I suppose powder coating is the best option???

just keep touching up the paint job.

add a layer of clear coat.

take 20 seconds to rattle can the thing and with the money you save from powder coating you can invest in other more practical mods.

Duplicolor Bumper Coating Flat black would look hot!

oh the ignition cover....not the clutch cover...duh

contact SFB to see if they can make a black one

or powder coat the stocker