hand guards wont fit help

I have a 2008 wr450f I tried to install a new set of Cycra hand guards

with the u-bracket set up for pro taper bars but the brake line is right in the middle of the way has anyone else had this problem before? levers are getting expensive !

my bike is at my buddies house... so I'll have to go buy memmory. but I recall having the same issue. I flipped the clamps upside down. but, becasue the clamps have a tapper for the bar, you can't just flip them. which is why I put the right on the left and the left of the right. ?

Tweav you are using the Triple clamp mount. WTD450f was asking about the U-clamp mount. I have had and tried both and I like the U-clamp mount by far! WTD450F... just move the cables around you'll really like the U-clamp mount. When I first got mine it didn't look like they were going to fit at all. But after you keep tightning them they fit GREAT!!

Tweav you are using the Triple clamp mount. WTD450f was asking about the U-clamp mount. I have had and tried both and I like the U-clamp mount by far! WTD450F... just move the cables around you'll really like the U-clamp mount. When I first got mine it didn't look like they were going to fit at all. But after you keep tightning them they fit GREAT!!
Are we looking at a different picture? I see no triple clamp mounts.

I just put the Cycra's on my '07 and I fought it all the way. The pack I bought was the pro bend with billet mounts (don't know proper name) and the solution mount bar. I bought it because it was the only kit the dealer had that would fit.

Anyway, after fighting for about two friggin hours trying to figure out that stupid solution mount, I threw it in the garbage and just used the bar clamps. My bike looks very similar to the above picture but my mounts (whatever they're called) look different. They go on fine and are plenty strong. If I had to do it all over again, I think I would get the bar mounts that are in that picture a few posts up.

If the brake line is the only problem then just use a dremmel or a hacksaw (carefully) to remove whichever locating tang is in the way. Cut the tang off and loosen the brake line and rotate it to wherever you need it to be then retighten the banjo bolt. ? WR Dave

mine are not tripple clamp mounts . mine are the plain old stardard pro bends . nothing fancy at all. but I think I may have rebent the banjo end on my brake a bit , to give a little more clearance.

Thanks for the reponse the flip and swap idea sounds like it might work i will try it tonight. but those triple clamps look like they work too are the a Cycra

mount? P.S. the ones I have are pictured above.

I have heard rumor of using the brakeline from a yz. Dont know if is an easy swap or true. I have the same issue with mine 2006 wr450. I don't like the way it is too tight in there and makes it hard to install fork bleeders. I might go the trim the tang method from WRDave.

I got it to work by doing the swap left for right and flip over method

and they fit great ! absolutly the best setup I have seen so far.

I just have to remember to let go of the bars next time I go diving over them

cuz these babys could brake both arms!

thanks for the help eveyone