Head Pipe Guards

just curious what everybody is ruuning for a a head pipe guard?

i ride mostly single track , really tight nasty stuff and im always caving in my head pipe either on trees or rocks. was thinking of making one out of 1/4" steel plate :thumbsup:

Trees? What are those? You must ride up north. :thumbsup:

That was the deciding point for me to buy the MRD exhaust system. Its stainless and he repairs or replaces any damage for free.

OUR GUARANTEE

MRD pipes are designed for durability as well as performance. We utilize thicker gauge material in damage prone areas like head pipe, mount section, and muffler canister. If your pipe fails or is damaged in a crash, MRD will fix it free of charge.

man, that is a hell of a deal. I was fixing to buy a DRD but now I have second thoughts. How is the performance of the MRD system?? I'm looking for more torque down low b/c I am mainly a trail rider. thanks and ride on!!

I just use a small guard to keep my pants from melting. Its an FMF header and guard.

ride-11.jpg

man, that is a hell of a deal. I was fixing to buy a DRD but now I have second thoughts. How is the performance of the MRD system?? I'm looking for more torque down low b/c I am mainly a trail rider. thanks and ride on!!

I'm not an expert on the specific performance gains the pipe gave. I bought a stocker and did a whole bunch of things at once. The owner's name is Dave and based on talking to him, he's the president and janitor. He was straight with me on the phone and I'm sure he'll answer your questions.

Well built, great sound and has the sparky option too.

I'll shoot some pics tonight.

That's a killer deal!

That's a killer deal!

I used to run those guards on my bikes, now I don't run anything. The carbon fiber works ones are great b/c they wrap around the front really far and protect it. I have a spare carbon fiber works header guard for an 03-06 YZ450 brand new I will sell for $60 if some one wants it.