filter cage 2006 yz450

Will a 2 stroke cage fit my airbox?

Is this the best replacement for the air filter cage?

Yes it will fit. There is no benefit to using one other than it is easier to put the cage in the filter without the screen.

Yes it will fit. There is no benefit to using one other than it is easier to put the cage in the filter without the screen.
Absolutely true. Nothing whatever to be gained by it.
Absolutely true. Nothing whatever to be gained by it.

I know this but i took my screen out already and the little wires that are sticking out are stabbing into my fingers. :thumbsup:

I need a new one. I figured one without a screen would be cheaper.

it does make a difference,i use the two stroke cage,huge difference in off idle throttle response,if you dont ride tight stuff...you wont notice

it does make a difference,i use the two stroke cage,huge difference in off idle throttle response,if you dont ride tight stuff...you wont notice

The filter is far more restrictive than the screen. The airflow to the engine will not change by removing the screen.

The filter is far more restrictive than the screen. The airflow to the engine will not change by removing the screen.

unless your screen is all gunked up or something

Doug Henry's SM crew in '03 did exhaustive dyno testing on a number of different airbox/filter configurations and found no gains of any kind from having the screen out. None.

Doug Henry's SM crew in '03 did exhaustive dyno testing on a number of different airbox/filter configurations and found no gains of any kind from having the screen out. None.

There is no benefit to eliminating the screen.....They have the screen there for a REASON!!!! and Yes, I have seen a YZF 450 QUAD catch on fire/ melt the airbox. It did not have a backfire screen.