JD jetting 08 450

I'm picking up my new 08 on Tue. (YEAH!!) & was wondering if any one is using the JD kit. I checked the jetting thread but theres not much on the 08's. I would like to keep the stock exhaust but from what I'm reading here is the bike needs an after market Dr. D seems to be most used. If I jet it with stock ex. would I have to re-jet if I get an after market pipe ?

Thanks

well, on my '03 the JD made it a whole new animal. I love it. :thumbsup:

I'm picking up my new 08 on Tue. (YEAH!!) & was wondering if any one is using the JD kit. I checked the jetting thread but theres not much on the 08's. I would like to keep the stock exhaust but from what I'm reading here is the bike needs an after market Dr. D seems to be most used. If I jet it with stock ex. would I have to re-jet if I get an after market pipe ?

Thanks

If you are going to run the stock pipe then the stock jetting is best....with perhaps 2-21/4 turns on the fuel screw. Any aftermarket pipe isn't going to require anything much different than your stock set up. I would save the money for something else instead of a jet kit.

If you are going to run the stock pipe then the stock jetting is best....with perhaps 2-21/4 turns on the fuel screw. Any aftermarket pipe isn't going to require anything much different than your stock set up. I would save the money for something else instead of a jet kit.

That's interesting as I have seen a bunch posts about re-jetting the 07 & 08 bikes but most of the jetting threads are about after market pipes. The reason I'm thinking of keeping the stock pipe is the noise factor. I'm thinking the bike will still have plenty of power with stock can. I have never even sat on an 08 but I bought one after ridding my friends 07 which was hands down the finest dirt bike I ever rode. The 07 had a Dr. D pipe & had been re-jetted.

Thanks for your input

That's interesting as I have seen a bunch posts about re-jetting the 07 & 08 bikes but most of the jetting threads are about after market pipes. The reason I'm thinking of keeping the stock pipe is the noise factor. I'm thinking the bike will still have plenty of power with stock can. I have never even sat on an 08 but I bought one after ridding my friends 07 which was hands down the finest dirt bike I ever rode. The 07 had a Dr. D pipe & had been re-jetted.

Thanks for your input

Jetting differs slightly between the 07 and 08 but not much.