08WR450 LeoVince X3 or FMF Q4

Yo, I’m going to get a new slip on pipe for my 450.

I’m leaning towards the Leo Vince because it is supposed to be quieter. And It is supposed to have a pleasing deep tone to it. And I believe it is 1.5 inches shorter then stock. The FMF is supposed to be shorter too. Both are claimed to be lighter then stock. I have no real idea. Because I’ve only seen them on youtube.

The Loe Vince is supposed to come with 2 inserts 94db and 98db.

Anyway. Do any of you guys have experience with these pipes?

I would go for the leo pipe , just because I will never buy anything from fmf again . ?? I have a pipe clearance issue and they will not help me with it in anyway , they will not even sell me a small peice of the same tubing so I can weld it in , to fix the issue . So I've wasted 800 dollars , because sooner or later my rear tire is going to cave in their P.O.S. pipe . now I know not every one's going to have this issue , But my point is they should have better customer service , without that They suck.

DSC00958.jpg

You can see I've already spaced the pipe out with a nut and it still hits hard.

the tire is a pilot power 160/60/17 . No the pipe was not made for a supermoto setup . It would just be nice if they would be helpful , instead of hard headed. other the the lack a quality customer service dept. I really can't complain about this pipe when I have my dirt setup on.

It preforms good and so far has proven itself to be a tough pipe . I've hit it fairly hard a few times.the can is titanium it's not too load ether.

the tire is a pilot power 160/60/17 . No the pipe was not made for a supermoto setup . It would just be nice if they would be helpful , instead of hard headed. other the the lack a quality customer service dept. I really can't complain about this pipe when I have my dirt setup on.

It preforms good and so far has proven itself to be a tough pipe . I've hit it fairly hard a few times.the can is titanium it's not too load ether.

but that is not a q4 in the picture of your bike?

FWIW loe vince makes a supermoto version of the X3 which they claim provides more room for street tires.

I would go for the leo pipe , just because I will never buy anything from fmf again . ?? I have a pipe clearance issue and they will not help me with it in anyway , they will not even sell me a small peice of the same tubing so I can weld it in , to fix the issue . So I've wasted 800 dollars , because sooner or later my rear tire is going to cave in their P.O.S. pipe . now I know not every one's going to have this issue , But my point is they should have better customer service , without that They suck.

DSC00958.jpg

You can see I've already spaced the pipe out with a nut and it still hits hard.

lol poor guy is sportin fmf all over the bike ?

but that is not a q4 in the picture of your bike?

FWIW loe vince makes a supermoto version of the X3 which they claim provides more room for street tires.

Yes I know it is not a Q4 I was just stating the fact that the company is not helpful at all. In fact someone I know asked them to make him a run of a few hundred pipes and the would not , but pro circuit said yes . So I'm Not buying anything else from a company that refuses to be helpful. just remember this if you every have any problems.

As far as it hitting I'll cut it and reweld it so it does fit when I get a chance.

• 2 weeks later...
What about the header?

It's a slip on. I'll add a header later... if I feel the need.

leoVince makes a header pipe for it, I don't know what the outlet diameter is of the header. LeoVince was nice enough to give me customer drawings of the the YZ/Supermoto and WR slip on. they are different pipes. both have a 45.3mm inlet. the WR pipe uses a gasket(Boccola in Grafite) to allow a ~38mm stock head pipe to fit.

? UPS had a brain fart, so I can't pick up my X3 until 8pm. so I don't know if I'll get it installed tonight. ?

its going to be a while.... The store I ordered the pipe from sent me one for a 2003-2006. I didn't even attempt to fit it. so its getting sent back....

I didn't notice it was the wrong pipe until I was reading the instructions.

Anyway to whom it may concern… the 2006 pipe is just under 8 pounds. The pipe is like most race mufflers, a straight perforated pipe thru the center with packing around it. It doesn’t have any permanent baffles installed. It comes with 2 baffle inserts, or you can run it without an insert. One baffle is the Euro baffle, the other is the US baffle. Both baffles have the same ID, about 28mm. The Euro baffle’s outlet tip is flush with the end cap. The US baffle sits further into the pipe.

Spark arrestor:

The Euro insert that comes installed on the pipe (as shown in the catalog pictures) is not compatible with the spark arrestor, the “pea shooter” is too long to fit under the sparky. The sparky is sandwiched between the end cap and the insert. so the sparky is clearly visible when installed. The sparky is compatible with the other “US” insert or without an insert.

Stickers:

It comes with a leovince sticker applied to the pipe. It also comes with an extra metal badge and rivets, which can be riveted over the sticker if you want extra bling or if the sticker burns off..

• 4 weeks later...

finally got my X3 enduro sport slip on for my 08WR450 today... installed it and took it around the block.

its shorter then the original. this one came with the metal badge installed. looks trick.

it weighs 7 pounds just like the www.leovince.com web site says. unfortunately the stock pipe with gytr tip weighs 7.2 pounds. so weight is a push.

with muted tip and the sparky installed it was just a tad louder then the stock pipe with gytr, hard to beleive its 94db. It sounds similar. has tiny bit of rumble. and seems smoother off idle.

with the mutting tip removed it has a great deep tone. sounds so good.... supposed to be 98db in this mode...seems louder.

took it for a ride today with the 94db muted tip and sparky installed. wow!!!! very nice. it is much smoother off idle. much smoother and more torq. it no longer has the lawn mower sound (which really bugged me).

I was chugging it up some single track and it felt like I was able to use less clutch then normal and allmost seemed un-stall-able, it just pulls smooth. I'm pretty certin that I had less chain slap.

seems smoother at higher rpm too. revs quicker. I think it is more bassy and less raspy then stock with the gytr tip.

I'm 100% satisfied. but I'm easily impressed.

• 1 month later...

so... I added an 08 yz head pipe. it sliped right on. I just had to remove the gasket between the head pipe and the slipon. it added more low end and a deeper sound. the power is rad!!! but, it can be :D touchy on the single track... if I'm in first gear. a little bit of clutch work keeps me hooked up and smooth. sometimes I think helicopters are following me. ?

I got a 35mm db killer that leovince made for the YZ($9 off ebay). so... I pretty much have the full YZ treatment. leovince rates it as 94 db at 4500rpm for the 08 yz. the wr450 db killer is 25mm and rated at 94db at 6200rpm. the local sound check is 96db at 4000 rpm, so I should be under that by a country mile.

sounds rad with the DB killer out. not crazy loud, there are louder bikes at the park, but I don't want to be that guy:thumbsup: .

anyway. I made a video of the bike ideling so you can hear it. sound best on full size speakers.

Sweet.

The first ride with the new pipe last week I couldn't feel the extra power because the rear tire would light up if I even looked at the throttle (extra loose conditions). Judging by the way this thing acts on asphalt I'm gonna be in a world of hurt when conditions are good and traction is abundant ?