HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pilotguy28

01 yz426 weight shaving?

5 posts in this topic

What can I buy other than a newer bike to shave weight on my 01 yz426? Also short of a alum subframe. What bolt-ons?

Not a lot that's not a lot of money. Converting to 450 plastic (tank, airbox, subframe, fenders and seat) will save about 4 lbs but it will feel like more because it carries the weight lower. Look on e-bay for parts, and search this forum for details. A Ti pipe (including the header) will save a pound or two, but you won't hardly notice it. Other than that, Ti bolts, axles, etc but are big buckaroos.

Thanks for the reply. Thats what I was thinking. This think feels like a tank on a mx track.

well unfortunately it was a tank ... compared to newer bikes. I had 4 of them 99-2002

A titanium shock spring will save 4-7 pounds. If you can find ti fork springs that will save another 2 pounds.