supermoto wr?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did my 07 450 . I'm running 17's 3.5 up front and a 5 in the rear. I'll post some pics in the morning , if you see one on here that has a fmf graphics kit and a rack it's mine most likely.

Here's my 02 426. I'm running 3" front, 4" rear 17s with 110/70 front and 150/70 rear tyres. I have just enough chain clearance (ie a 160 tyre would hit) however my rear rim is not offset at all.

DSC05237_small.jpg

I've thought of doing that to my 02. How much $$ do you have invested?

I've thought of doing that to my 02. How much $$ do you have invested?

Hi, thanks for the interest. If you have a look in my garage, I've got all the prices of my mods listed, they're reasonably accurate. Basically I bought the bike for NZ$4800 and spent about NZ$2000 on the supermotard conversion. What I haven't listed yet is the Vortex X-10 ignition I ordered for it a week ago which cost me another NZ$615 (the original CDI shat itself). I don't plan on getting my money back on the bike, if I ever sell it that is :eek:.

very nice bikes. you guys have what i want to put together. has any one tried the warp 9 rims. i can get them for like 880 with a front 320mm rotor and a rear sproket. What is everyone running for sproket size?

i have already ordered the baja light kit with mini led blinkers upgrade and

vapor computer.

next is the rims and tires.

How much shorter is the bike, with the sm rims...can a 2"-3" height drop be achieved with the supermoto conversion?

you can count on at least a 2 inch drop . I'll snap a pic side by side of my wr450 sm and my crf250x dirt if you'd like . I can only touch one foot at a time on the crf , and I touch nearly flat footed on the wr .

WOW Tweav!!...we're not worthy!...sweet ride.. where did you get your rack?

the rack is from promoto billet.

Hi, thanks for the interest. If you have a look in my garage, I've got all the prices of my mods listed, they're reasonably accurate. Basically I bought the bike for NZ$4800 and spent about NZ$2000 on the supermotard conversion. What I haven't listed yet is the Vortex X-10 ignition I ordered for it a week ago which cost me another NZ$615 (the original CDI shat itself). I don't plan on getting my money back on the bike, if I ever sell it that is ?.

Cool thanks! ? Are those wheel more or less then spoke type wheels?

just a quick question guys wot sprockets you runnin?

14/36 for fun most of the time

15/36 for lots of road work , longest 1st gear ever ,

make sure you get a 4.25 inch rear wheel dont go for a five inch.

and yes your bike will drop loads with 17 inch wheels dude.

I have a 5 inch rim and ,I also think the 5 inch rim is too hard to get lined up right. so a 4.5 or a 4.25 would be better , Don't get a 5 inch unless you are ready to do a bit of machining spacers to make it fit.