HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DanCSC

Final Verdict on Jetting

4 posts in this topic

Okay, I realize that the jetting issues and modifications have been beat to death, i've read everything that Larry has written and now am totally confused. It looks like a 158mj/45pj @#3 at 1.5 turns out on the PAJ is the way to go. Should I be usine a EMM#3 needle with this set-up? I have also seen reference to the "grey-wire" which I was told was near the brain box; however, I could only find a light blue wire. What is the de-octopus? Here is my situation; I ride mainly around Colo Spgs to include Rampart. When I get into technical stuff the bike hesitates off idle and sometimes stalls, of course in the worst possible places. I am a trials rider and realize the WR is not a trials bike but it shouldn't bobble off idle. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Dan,

After messing around, this is the set up I ended up with. But, I dont know what your riding, and, I am going to experiment with dropping the clip to position 3.

I have no hesitation of idle, as a matter of fact, I have to watch how I open the throttle. It will launch nicely, and will still roost in third.

Thats just my .02

good luck,

Jason

p.s. My bike is NOT YZ timed.

Unfortunitily there will NEVER be a "Final Verdict on Jetting".....

Contact Larry in Colorado (LARRY IN CO) for Altitude Jet Settings.

Bonzai :)

DanCSC,

Called your office today...left a message with my contact numbers. Give me a call and I'll give you a big headstart on what's worked where...

Sorry I havent responded very timely here...just got back from a week in Turks & Caicos...all inclusive resort. Awesome time! Boat drinks for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and before bed. Very nice to also have the wife to myself with the little one back in Cincinnati at grandma's/grandpa's!

Late