HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mmelheim

Clutch basket install - alignment of gears??

2 posts in this topic

I am installing a Rekluse Pro clutch. It is a relatively simple process. I just installed them on my two little thumper KTM 250Fs with no problem. You do not have to pull the basket all the way out for the install, but out of dumb curiosity, I wanted to take a look at the internals and pulled it off to take a view the gears, etc. NOW I CAN'T SEEM TO GET THE OIL PUMP AND KICKSTARTER GEAR TO PROPERLY ALIGN TO ALLOW THE BASKET TO DROP ALL THE WAY BACK IN. I TRIED MOVING THE BOTH THE WHEEL AND KICKSTARTER SLOWLY TO SEE IF IT WOULD DROP. I ALSO MOVED THE OIL PUMP GEAR A FEW MICRONS AT A TIME TO SEE IF THAT WOULD HELP.

IS THERE A TRICK TO THIS? OR DO I JUST NEED MORE PATIENCE? :eek:

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Patience helps, but you are in charge here. You're lining up 3 gears; the primary set, and the kick starter and oil pump gears, both of which engage the rear of the center gear on the back of the basket. The primary set will likely line up first. From that point, you should be able to put a little inward pressure on the basket and turn the oil pump by hand until you feel it catch. Then, whole still pushing in on the basket, rotate the engine by turning the crank with a wrench and the basket should drop on.