HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kasjok

European model megabomb/powerbomb?

11 posts in this topic

Could anyone tell me if the exhaust of the 2008 model in europe is a good one? Pipe has a "bomb" in it and sklip-on is the long one. I mean does it compear to FMF or PC systems?

I don't know about that comparison, but it's bound to be better than the US muffler.

Because they both are 08 models. One with the long silencer is euro version of 08 yz450f. Got mine today. Put on a 50 tooh rear sprocekt, DID 520VM (x-ring) chain, renthal kevlar grips, rooster performance radiator braces, scotts oil filter , twin air filter and my numbers. Now I just need to regrease all moving parts outside the engine.

Actually all the stuff came from my old (not really) 07 yz450f :eek:

Hmmm, I went here

http://www.yamaha-motor-europe.com/products/motorcycles/competition/yz450f.jsp?view=explorer&subview=detail

to check out the pics of the euro model YZ450. Both of these pics are listed as 2008 YZ450's...:eek:

Short silencer

2008_YZ450F_detail_10_prv_tcm26-196.jpg

Long silencer

2008_YZ450F_detail_08_prv_tcm26-196.jpg

So who knows the real deal? Both bikes have the black clutch cover like the '08.

In those pics, the one with the short silencer doesn't have the header with the bomb.

Mine is a EURO 08 and it has the long muffler with the bomb, I cant tell the difference with the shorty exaust because I haven´t been on one yet, but my friend has a 07 wit a T4 on (sock header) and feels more powefull than mine, not faster, but powerfull, acually mine is faster, for me and for him too.

The 07 header pipe is tappered design, but 08 header is after and before the bomb with the same diameter that the beginning of a 07 pipe is. So I will try to figure out which of them works better with the 08. Maybe someone allready has an idea of which of them should perform better or where in the powerband would they perform better?

if you take off the front pipe and look down it you will see its got apipe welde straight through. so no perf benefit at all, some people say theres some holes in, but i cont see any.

in the end i went down the line of aftermarket and was soooo glad - tried 6 different pipes and opted for the akrapovic in the end.

bikes022.jpg

bikes023.jpg

its good!!

I belive that akrapovic is better system, but I don`t think it`s worth it`s cost. About the bomb header. I can`t imagine that Yamaha put it on just for "looks" as I find tappered design to be even nicer. How about theory that the bomb should cool the exhaust fumes for better performance?

One little off-topic question too. Yamaha reduced the clearence between piston and cylinder wall. Which was changed: cylinder smaller or piston larger( in microns though).

if you take off the front pipe and look down it you will see its got apipe welde straight through. so no perf benefit at all, some people say theres some holes in, but i cont see any.

in the end i went down the line of aftermarket and was soooo glad - tried 6 different pipes and opted for the akrapovic in the end.

bikes022.jpg

bikes023.jpg

its good!!

damn that's a sweet looking bike. :eek::p:applause: