HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Richard56

WR400F Fuel tank

12 posts in this topic

My brother set his leg afire with gasoline.

3rd degree burns and a long hospital stay.

I would seriously consider an aftermarket tank and seat combo for yr WR.

Everyone says the stocker is NG anyway.

Dude,

Do NOT take a chance on a repair of that size....Trash the tank and get another.....Unless you want to be served as part of a Yamaha Flambay! 6K is too much for a weenie roast.

Bonzai :)

You can try fule proof RTV silicone, but it will probably not hold. I have my old Stock WR tank, what are you willing to pay for one in USD plus shipping? lets talk, Im not trying to make any money off it, its under one of the pine trees behind my house,,,, if I can only find it :) .

You must view this as an opportunity to get some decent ergos on that WR by using a YZ tank/seat. Comparing the two extra tanks that I have, I like the Clark much better for quality and finish.

I would find a good plastic welder. Make sure he gets all the vapors out of the tank first. You may still want to seal from the inside with a suitable RTV. A good weld will stop the crack from creeping.

Anyway guys... thanks for all the response I got... I managed to find an old tank... cost me $120 including shipping. But the tank is missing the 2 mountings in the front and the petcock... but It's okay... I can use back the old one...

Last but not least guys/gals... Thanks a million again... This forum sure helps when it come to bike problems.... :)