HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BASSic

Silencer Repair

4 posts in this topic

I've seen several posts regarding the steps to repair a bent header, but what about a silencer?

I have a Thunder Alley pipe on my bike which is louder than what I need (funny you don't hear much about them anymore). I'd like to go back to the stock silencer, but mine has a nice big dent from hitting the rear caliper, and the pipe that attaches to the header is also dented.

I can't think of any practical way to pressurize it so I can heat it up with an acetylene torch.

I've heard about that with the stock silencers, but it doesn't look very clean like something that was stamped at the factory.

Even if that dent in the silencer is supposed to be there, I still have a dent in the pipe that connects to the header that I'd like to fix.

Post pics of these dents b/c as stated, there is supposed to be a dent inthe bottom of the silencer can and there is supposed to be a dent in the side of the midpipe to clear the shock.