HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lixno

WRF seat with a YZF tank

8 posts in this topic

I am going to order a YZF black stock capacity Clarke tank for my WRF450 2003. In order to save some money i am trying to find a way to fit the stock WRF seat on the new YZF tank.

I compared the seat with the one from my 2003 YZF250 and saw that the YZF seat is about 2cm longer. I was wondering if i can add some seat foam on the WRF seat to make it a little bit longer and fit with no problem on the YZF tank.

Has anyone tried something like that or i will waste my time?

Probably won't work. The distance from the rear mount bolts to the post on the gas tank is longer as well. The WR seat base won't be able to hook on the post at the front.

Yoy are right! I just measured the distance between the two seats posts and it is different. At my YZF seat the distance from the rear mount bolts to the post at the front is 58.5cm, while at the WRF seat the distance is 55.5cm.

I 'll ask a local shop which makes seats if they can do something about that. The YZF seats are so expensive in Greece:thumbsdn:

Yes, it will work on your WRF. I recommend to make an ellipse plate and a collar to keep front side location of the seat.

I am going to order a YZF black stock capacity Clarke tank for my WRF450 2003. In order to save some money i am trying to find a way to fit the stock WRF seat on the new YZF tank.

I compared the seat with the one from my 2003 YZF250 and saw that the YZF seat is about 2cm longer. I was wondering if i can add some seat foam on the WRF seat to make it a little bit longer and fit with no problem on the YZF tank.

Has anyone tried something like that or i will waste my time?

You need to be careful with the Clarke tank, I have the 2.8 gallon Black on my WR450 2006 which is Pt No 11442, I believe this fits 2003 to 2006 so same tank. Clarke told me I needed the YZ seat to fit the tank so I ordered an SDG seat from them, turns out the standard WR seat fitted as the Clarke tank supplied had 2 from seat post holes to accomodate either option (Photo below). I now have a YZ seat which does not fit as it doesn't allow for the space the battery takes up under the seat.

DSC00109.jpg

Cheers from OZ

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info:thumbsup: I am going to order the tank first and try to fit the seat later!

2005/2006 WR seat is different. It has the same post spacing as the YZ seat. 03/04 are shorter.

I have the same deal going on. I bought a used 3.1 gallon tank for a yz. I was hoping I could make a spacer out of fiberglass that would make up the gap but also follow the lines of the tank and seat. I haven't received the tank yet, so time will tell.