Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BMurph

IRC tracking

18 posts in this topic

Where have you guys been mounting your tracking device this year? We are racing a 450x this year in the 500. Just ordered the IRC tracking and have heard that it is a little difficult to mount. Any info is appriciated.

CP Fabrication has a mount to put it on the side of the cylinder. They are in orange county. I don't have the number with me. I'll try to find it tonight and post it.

Or since IRC already has your CC# have them send you one of the X mounts. They have 'em in stock.

You can also make a mount for behind the Rt. radiator.

Or since IRC already has your CC# have them send you one of the X mounts. They have 'em in stock.

You can also make a mount for behind the Rt. radiator.

We ordered the whole kit, installation package and all. So you have to fabricate it if you want it behind the radiator?

Just becareful - If you have an aftermarket radiator that has the oil-cooler, the standard mount they had for the 450x didn't work - Hit the Oil-cooler lines. It could be modified to work if you had time and the equipment to do so. I noticed some guys in that case either mod'ed the bracket or just ran it on the rear-fender like the old Rally Lier. Note you have some wiring to deal with now, so once you pic a spot the harness has to be 'long' enough.

Just Zip tie to rear fender.

Kick It Off Right Off The Line, And Cheat.

I Here That Is The Hot Ticket.

Just Zip tie to rear fender.

Kick It Off Right Off The Line, And Cheat.

I Here That Is The Hot Ticket.

If it didnt cost so much I would consider it!:eek:

How do you guys feel about mounting it to the cylinder? Seems like thats the hot ticket! I have also heard that it can be mounted behind the number plate.

How do you guys feel about mounting it to the cylinder?
Next to cylinder - good.

The simple 450X kit that costs about $4 to manufacture but retails for $70 - gouge, bend over.

What about to the fork tubes between triple clamps with some simple hose clamps? Or is the object too big for that area?

Next to cylinder - good.

The simple 450X kit that costs about $4 to manufacture but retails for $70 - gouge, bend over.

Picked one up that mounts to the cylinder, from IRC Tracking is $50,but CPR fabrication who makes them is selling them for $100 and $20 for the antenna mount.

Hey that was pretty funny. And just like that................................it's gone. :eek:

It was one of those things that was funny if you were there, but didnt seem as funny after I posted it! Don't want you CA boys thinking bad things about Oregon! It will post again when the inspiration arises. :eek:

Who us? We don't think bad things about people from Oregon. Got cousins that live on the Rogue. At least I think they're cousins.

pic.jpg

deliv05.jpg

deliverance_banjo.jpg

Ever since I broke my wrists in baja I haven't been able to play the banjo since!

Ever since I broke my wrists in baja I haven't been able to play the banjo since!

Is that what you call it? You're a sick horse, mr. azul.

surfing_monkey.jpg