Michigan ORV Trail Stickers?

We have a ride coming up May 16-18 and some folks are coming from out of state. What is the quickest way for them to get ORV stickers through the mail? They are not CCC members and while I would love to see them join, hate to force that on them if they’re not interested.

Thanks in advance.

We have a ride coming up May 16-18 and some folks are coming from out of state. What is the quickest way for them to get ORV stickers through the mail? They are not CCC members and while I would love to see them join, hate to force that on them if they’re not interested.

Thanks in advance.

x2! I'm hoping to find somewhere in the metro Detroit or perhaps even Flint area that would have the nice plastic coated ones rather than the print off ones that fade and never seem to stick as well. I think I know of some places in Flint (Rocky's?) that have the stickers, but not sure if they have the "good" ones or not.

On another note... just found this on the website for the Mounds...

State of Michigan ORV stickers can be purchased at any store that sells hunting and fishing licenses. The current price is $16.25.

I usually do my first ride of the year in Luzerne (Meadows) and buy the nice ones at the hardware store at the corner of Deeter and 72.

Yep, I know you can buy them at sporting good stores, etc. I was interested to know if you can purchase and have mailed. We get ours from the CCC and they just mail the nice ones to us. Guess I'll send an email to the CCC and see if they sell to non members. Thanks.

Here NUN...Not sure how long the mail system takes but you can buy the pre-printed ones at the URL listed below

ORV licenses are available from the DNR at DNR Operations Service Centers, over the Internet at http://www.mdnr-elicense.com, by mail, through participating ORV dealers, and through participating hunting and fishing license agents.

To purchase an ORV license by mail, write to:

Michigan Department of Natural Resources

Office of Lands and Facilities

Customer Systems

P.O. Box 30181

Lansing, MI 48909

For licensing information, review the online Handbook of Michigan Off-Road Vehicle Laws or call the DNR at 517-373-1204.

Just whatever you do to the Non-GOOD ones, Don't hit it with Spray-Nine or it will be "White" no matter what the original colour (Canadian spelling of Color)!!! I learned that fast last summer, my Yellow one turned white and looked a lot better on my "Blue WR"...:eek:

Jamie

Here's my take on the ORV stickers. Get the printed ones that fade. The "good" ones are a pain. If you have to remove them for any reason it renders them useless. With the others you can at least work them off and reuse them like when you break your fender.

For that exact reason I usually stick mine on my fork. We've stopped and talked to DNR officers before and none of them have minded or told us not to. :eek:

For that exact reason I usually stick mine on my fork. We've stopped and talked to DNR officers before and none of them have minded or told us not to. :eek:

Use to do the same until I got hauled over at Leato a few years back. I was told by the "Man" that he couldn't see my sticker with the binaculars and thats why he pulled me over, stateing next time he would ticket me. Must have been a rough day for him.

I know this is an isolated incident but I see no reason to give them a reason to stop me.

Use to do the same until I got hauled over at Leato a few years back. I was told by the "Man" that he couldn't see my sticker with the binaculars and thats why he pulled me over, stateing next time he would ticket me. Must have been a rough day for him.

I know this is an isolated incident but I see no reason to give them a reason to stop me.

True...maybe its because I have a rainbow collection of stickers all over my back fender that throws them off lol. Guess I need to replace one of those with a bright green one to keep up the facade

2990261130036727308S500x500Q85.jpg

Here's my take on the ORV stickers. Get the printed ones that fade. The "good" ones are a pain. If you have to remove them for any reason it renders them useless. With the others you can at least work them off and reuse them like when you break your fender.

Pffft, I never break my fenders!!:eek:

I have been told to put mine on the rear too. They are all just a bunch of rear end jockeys lol. So i stoped putting them on the fork. If i get the paper sticker i hand wash my rear fender only and dont use anything other than soap well except water. And yea who breaks rear fenders anymore anyways someone should teach that guy some clutch /throttle control.:eek:?

I have been told to put mine on the rear too. They are all just a bunch of rear end jockeys lol. So i stoped putting them on the fork. If i get the paper sticker i hand wash my rear fender only and dont use anything other than soap well except water. And yea who breaks rear fenders anymore anyways someone should teach that guy some clutch /throttle control.:eek:?

If anyone gets the printed on the spot stickers like what you get at Meijers or China-mart put a strip of clear packing tape over the sticker. That keeps all the cleaning chemicals from wiping the ink off.